UKC

NEWS: First 8b for Natalie Berry - SatanX

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 23 Aug 2012
Senior and Junior winner Natalie Berry at the BLCC 2010, 4 kbBritish climber Natalie Berry has ticked her first 8b sport route with an ascent of SatanX, at Gorges du Loup.

The 20 year-old climber, who has previously climbed 12 routes of 8a, redpointed the steep limestone route of SatanX as well as several 8as and an 8a+ on her recent holiday to France.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67376

mr_nsglover 23 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: Well done Nat, top effort.
 PeteH 23 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome work! Right: which British women have climbed harder? Can't be that many...

Lucy Creamer's done F8b+
Hazel Findlay's done several F8b's (inc on trad gear) but any 8b+'s?

Fire away.
In reply to UKC News: I don't know if any girls have climbed harder than 8b apart from Lucy Creamer doing "Kallea Borroka" (8b+). If you had seen the way Nat cruised "SatanX" you would think why the hell hasn't she done 8c yet :P She just needs to get out more and go for it and I think she would be doing 8b's and 8b+'s quickly and possibly even 8c in the future!
 AlH 24 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: Woohoo way to go Nats!
 JimboWizbo 24 Aug 2012
In reply to Robbie_Phillips: I'm sure many girls have climbed harder than 8b, certainly Sasha has climbed 9a. Nevertheless it's great to hear that she cruised it, inspiring stuff.

I want to go climbing
 billb 24 Aug 2012
In reply to PeteH: Jules Littlefair has climbed 8b
http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64560

In reply to JimboWizbo:

Yeah... I know that girls have climbed harder than 8b, but the question wasn't that, it was if any British Girls apart from Lucy Creamer had climbed harder than 8b.

Kemics 24 Aug 2012
In reply to Robbie_Phillips:

Hazel Findlay?
 Andy Farnell 24 Aug 2012
In reply to PeteH: Jenny Woodward and Karin Magog have both climbed 8b as well. Dalvinda may have as well, not sure though.

Andy F
In reply to Robbie_Phillips:

and the answer to your question is no.
Of the top of my head

Ruth Jenkins,
Karin Magog,
Jenny Woodward,
Jules Littlefair,
Emma Twyford,
Hazel Findlay,
Lucinda Whittaker and
Lucy Creamer

have all climbed 8b. Don't know if I've missed anyone there. No-one apart from Lucy have climbed any route given 8b+, probably only Hazel has climbed as many 8bs or neared Lucy's level of on sighting.
In reply to midgets of the world unite:

Until Jules climbs 8c I guess :P I saw she mentioned one on facebook, what is it she's trying?
 j_duds 24 Aug 2012

Michaela Tracy

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67026
 Tyler 24 Aug 2012

Is Boot Boys now considered 8b, I heard talk that it was?
 bustermartin 24 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: Good effort!
 horsefeathers 25 Aug 2012
In reply to midgets of the world unite: You forgot to add Natalie Berry to that list! :O
 BelleVedere 25 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Nat!
 mr mills 25 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing effort Nat, most deffinately more to come ! 8c is so realistic the way you`r crushing at the moment
 Gecko18 27 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: Cheers guys
 biscuit 27 Aug 2012
In reply to Natty B:

You need to update your all important UKC profile

Well done. Lots more to come i think.
 Gecko18 27 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: Oops! Well observed. Need to update the photos on there too, I'm unfortunately no longer as young and tiny as I look in some of those pictures!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...