UKC

NEWS: Hard Rock Challenge Heads South

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 26 Jul 2007
Day 14 of the Hard Rock Challenge and Mark Stevenson and Rich Mayfield are doing well despite the bad weather. Routes done so far include.......

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Simon 27 Jul 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Good effort guys - and a good move to come to the Peak & Yorks - tick it of in the good weather that has been forecast this weekend & see you at the crag...

si
 Simon 28 Jul 2007
In reply to Simon:

AM - Cheedale, (Sirplum & the Chee Tor Traverse)

PM - Stoney Middleton(Alcasan)

Stanage (Right Unc)

Froggatt (Valk)

Curbar (Elder Crack)

is the itinery today.

Come & say hello peeps - there are t-shirts for sale etc.

We will be in the Grouse Inn - Near Froggatt later after the days climbing if you want to donate some £££ & say hello to the team...

..please all cross fingers for no rain!!

Cheers

Si
 climbingpixie 28 Jul 2007
In reply to Simon:

Ooh, how random. I'll be at Curbar today. Will have to go and say hello.
 Simon 28 Jul 2007
In reply to climbingpixie:

Think we will be Curbar last doors - so it might be tea time / evening at Elder Crack.

- come and tell us what Curbar classics you've ticked today - they are all sandbags at Curbar BTW!!!

;0)

Si
Sam M 28 Jul 2007
In reply to Simon:

You told me it was going to be sunny today :0(

Sam
 sutty 28 Jul 2007
In reply to Sam M:

Still sunny up here Sam, unfortunately you have done this bit of the trip. FH thought the bucket was an emergency toilet I think, he asked me what it was for?

It WILL be sunny later on, trust me.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 28 Jul 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Good effort up to now lads - stick with it!

Chris
Sam M 28 Jul 2007
In reply to Chris Craggs:

All routes in Peak and Yorkshire Done!!

Yippee!! we are now in Sheffield having a curry and a pint.

Off to The Lakes tomorrow after a well deserved lie in!

Sam
 Caralynh 28 Jul 2007
In reply to Sam M:

Nice one! Must admit, with the weather, I never thought you'd do it, but I've changed my mind now, after the rate of progress you're making when it IS OK to climb
 Panda :o) 30 Jul 2007
In reply to Caralynr:

Extol went yesterday and the only complaint that I heard was that there were too many biting things around the camp-site.

Am so proud of them all! Not just the boys, but Sam and Si who are complete super stars

Can I just remind people that they are trying to raise money for those great people at Mountain Rescue ... Consider giving something, either through the web-site (http://www.hardrockchallenge.org.uk/) or in one of the red buckets that people have.

Thank you
 Simon 30 Jul 2007
In reply to Panda :

In reply to Al Evans:

> I hope there will be a book, it certainly deserves one and will be an inspiration to all Hard Rock tickers everywhere.

Book smuck! - DVD is the way forward - commetry by Ian Smith of Climb Magazine Fame complete with out-takes of me falling over after trying to be clever at Stanage last night!

Sam, Rich, Simon, Mark (And Sarah) & Tufa Daog all stayed at mine at the weekend - and I tell you being a hard rocker for 2 days was absolutely exhausting - there's no way I could do that for 60 days. I set off first to get to stanage at 8pm and arrived the last - these boys are super fit!

I first saw the boys in action on the classic Alcasan - which was the start of some eventfull hours!

See more on the blog and on here later - with some photo's on my web page later too...

Cheers

Peak Simon Orange
 Panda :o) 30 Jul 2007
In reply to Simon:

We even fixed the bed!

Thanks for everything will hopefully see you and little Sara again soon. May be able to give you a lift to the festival if I have my car back by then ...

Keep on charming the cows ;op

Panda
 Simon 30 Jul 2007
In reply to Panda :
> (In reply to Simon)
>
> We even fixed the bed!
>
> Thanks for everything will hopefully see you and little Sara again soon. May be able to give you a lift to the festival if I have my car back by then ...
>
> Keep on charming the cows ;op
>
> Panda

Ah - your a different Panda - I thought you were the original one lol- and I thought you were an endangered species!!!

> We even fixed the bed!
>

Shhhh - people will talk! ;0)

> Thanks for everything will hopefully see you and little Sara again soon. May be able to give you a lift to the festival if I have my car back by then ...

No worries - a lifty would be magic if poss as a return fave! Sarah might not be so little by then!!

;0)

Si

Simon 31 Jul 2007
Anonymous 01 Aug 2007
In reply to Simon: any piccys of Bonington on Preying Mantis?
 Simon 01 Aug 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

Keep posted - there will be some on the blog I'm sure soon.

Cheers

Si
 Panda :o) 01 Aug 2007
In reply to Simon:

All done in the Lakes, they're currently on route to Wales and I keep on losing them as reception cuts out

Mark Stevenson 01 Aug 2007
In reply to Anonymous:
> (In reply to Simon) any piccys of Bonington on Preying Mantis?

The photos were taken by Mike Robertson on 35mm slide which should be developed tomorrow, scanned Friday and be online with some text by the weekend.

Just to let everyone know that Chris made short work of the strenuous crux of Praying Mantis, over 43 years after he made the 2nd ascent of the route! He's amazing, great company to climb with and still as fit as ever leading the way on the steep scramble and walkout from Goat Crag.

Mark (via mobile phone en-route to N Wales)
 Skyfall 01 Aug 2007
In reply to Mark Stevenson:

great going everyone - will be sponsoring you (ie. MRT).

hope you make it!
Stephen Reid 02 Aug 2007
Spent a day out with them in the Lakes yesterday along with Alan Hinkes. They did Totalitarian on Raven (with Hinkes) as a substitute for DBB, and then raced round to Gimmer. Hinkes and I followed them up The Crack (in drizzle) and by the time we had finished the climb (in rain) they had done Kipling as well!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...