UKC

IFSC Boulder World Cup Brixen 2023: Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 12 Jun 2023

IFSC commentator Matt Groom reports on the fifth IFSC Boulder World Cup of the 2023 season, where GB Climbing's rising star Toby Roberts became only the third British man to win an IFSC Boulder World Cup and the USA's Natalia Grossman won her second gold of the season.

Last year the IFSC visited Brixen for the first time. This weekend we were back and I was really looking forward to the trip. It's a beautiful spot, nestled in the mountains with good coffee and pizza in copious supply and an amphitheatre-style stadium providing the perfect stage for the world's best competition climbers. 

Read more

JLS 12 Jun 2023
In reply to UKC News:

Well, Toby certainly made that one exciting for the Team GBR fans... 

PeteColdham 12 Jun 2023
In reply to UKC News:

I never manage to watch these before getting spoiled

In reply to PeteColdham:

I'd suggest that if you don't want to see the results of an IFSC World Cup, avoid UKC until you've had a chance to watch it. No other sporting news website will avoid putting the results in a title.

As a compromise, we avoid putting results in forum thread titles.

feemur 13 Jun 2023
In reply to UKC News:

What a superb performance by Toby Roberts, beating a strong field to win gold.  So talented and clearly knows how to try hard. Brilliant!

Morgan Woods 14 Jun 2023
In reply to feemur:

I would highly recommend watching the video of the final boulder......not sure I have ever seen a more desperate send than the one he managed to pull off!

Time stamped for final boulder:

https://youtu.be/TlVfA9ERcWQ?list=LL&t=1250

Full recap:

youtube.com/watch?v=TlVfA9ERcWQ&

Post edited at 00:26
 Si dH 14 Jun 2023
In reply to UKC News:

What's the best way to watch now without a VPN? I stopped watching when I could no longer watch decent footage via the IFSC YouTube channel, is there a solution now?

Amazing that Toby has won a comp so quickly after joining the circuit and great that a few more Brits are mixing in semis/finals.

Post edited at 07:10
 McHeath 14 Jun 2023
In reply to Morgan Woods:

Yes, that was one of the greatest fights I´ve ever seen in a comp. I was sure he wouldn´t have the strength left to deal with those last four big holds. Amazing end to a great final.

In reply to Si dH:

There's 2 YouTube channels that take the entire feed and compress it to just 30 mins. Pretty handy!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=WOQeP7ntKZc&

scot1 14 Jun 2023
In reply to Nick Brown - UKC:

The article should read fourth British man to win an IFSC bouldering World Cup. Before Toby there was Smith (2002), Croxall ( 2005) and Earl (2007)

Wise 14 Jun 2023
In reply to McHeath:

Incredible wasn't it, that's how you try hard. Great comp and really enjoyed the edited highlights.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...