UKC

JOBS: Joiners / Carpenters / Tilers - Work available in the French Alps!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 25 Jan 2024

Joiners / Carpenters / Tilers / General Builders AW Rénovations (AWR) is looking for new members to join their talented team in creating beautiful alpine chalets in the French Alpes. 

Read more

Harry white 28 Jan 2024
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

A self employed joiner in UK is currently on about £25 to £30 an hour £18 to £22 on the cards.

So around 38 to 50k a year.

Some employers try to take the piss.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys!

JamesG 28 Jan 2024

31k for a joiner, the big bad wolf gonna huff and puff and blow that house down it'll be that flimsy 

jon haynes 29 Jan 2024

To add to the comments posted above, £22000-£30000 a year for a time served chippie is basically taking the mickey to put it politely.

wbo2 29 Jan 2024

In the UK perhaps

JimmyTighe 31 Jan 2024

Plus add in the fact renting in and around Cham is insane pricing, it's nowhere near enough. Another 20k and you'd be in the right bracket. 

Fraser 08 Feb 2024
In reply to thread:

Anyone know what an "Italian shower" is?

Myfyr Tomos 08 Feb 2024
In reply to Fraser:

Probably how a mountaineering "Terry-Thomas" would refer to Courmayeur guides. 😉

Fraser 08 Feb 2024
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

I'm not sure I get that, but have just googled 'Italian Shower' - which I should have done first before posting - and it seems it's simply a walk-in one, ie. no kerb or upstand at the threshold.

JLS 08 Feb 2024
In reply to Fraser:

>"I'm not sure I get that"

Made me smile at least...

https://youtu.be/1oU_HFZ2Tr0?si=OSnrYfqfEAM9NtOx

Fraser 08 Feb 2024
In reply to JLS:

Aah!

French Erick 09 Feb 2024

Does UKC know who advertises? Is there a verification system ?

I am questioning why this group would advertise on here. I have never heard of them so wouldn’t want to cast  aspersions on them but:

1) the pay is low

2) it seems odd they wouldn’t find staff in the French system.

caveat:

1) perhaps they want staff with language skills which they may not do in the usual pool or recruits

2) the clients they serve are the (rich) Brits that do have 2nd homes in the area who would appreciate working with British staff.

As a tradesman son and brother  (from an Alpine valley further south), I find the while thing a bit off. And it’s not about protectionism.

Post edited at 07:30
 SATTY 09 Feb 2024

Don't  forget that's euros not £ ,complete joke for a skilled trade

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...