UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Koyamada repeats The story of 2 worlds!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
[The LowDown: Koyamada repeats The story of 2 worlds!, 2 kb]Dai Koyamada has made the 2nd ascent of Dave Graham's The story of 2 worlds on the Dreamtime boulder in Cresciano. The story links a crimpy 8B/+-ish into Toni Lamprecht's ultra physical wrestling match The Dagger, 8B+, creating a problem that most likely weighs in around 8C+ by today's...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=54451

Some of these replies were posted on Björn's old blog website, and so won't be from registered UKC users
Kakis 13 May 2010
Dai is THE man!!!!!
Anonymous 13 May 2010
Anonymous 13 May 2010
Does anybody know if there's a video of Dave on The story of 2 worlds? Mabye in the Dosage series?
Yo Chi 13 May 2010
Has there been any word from Dai about how difficult he thinks TSOTW was compared to some of his own FA's like Byaku-dou or Hydrangea? It seems like there are a wealth of hard, unrepeated problems of Dai's in Japan just waiting for 2nd ascents.
Anonymous 13 May 2010
Strong man Dai..!! Props!!
Anonymous 14 May 2010
hey Björn, on his blog nalle says there actually is footage of tsotw. since dave is there with you can you ask him if it's true or not?
Kakis 14 May 2010
It would be very interesting to know why the footage of Dave's FA has not been published or why Dave has decided not to publish it.
No problem, I'll ask him when he wakes up (DAMN that man can sleep long! crazy...)
massimiliano 14 May 2010
cheers Björn, if there really is footage it must be the longest kept climbing secret..
of course we're not in a hurry, we don't want him to wake up on the wrong side of the bed.
Anonymous 14 May 2010
Here you can see Daniel Woods on the dagger: http://climbingnarc.com/2010/05/2nd-ascent-of-the-story-of-two-worlds/
OK, so, no footage of the actual send, but there is some of Dave working it. Apparently this Australian guy has it. I'll see what I can do.
Anonymous 14 May 2010
Congrats to Dai for an awesome send.

Bjorn (or anybody else), any idea about what does Dai say about grades in his last blog entry?
looks interesting but could not get a clue with Google translator...
eb
Anonymous 14 May 2010
actually if you read down to the end Google tranlator says: "hard-8C, perhaps 8C/C+"
eb
Anonymous 15 May 2010
Would be nice to hear more about the discussion of the people that really climb this stuff. 8C benchmark (to avoid over rating of the high-end boulders before even 8C-standard is settled down) or 8C+ (progression of the sport)? IS latter opinion well-profounded?
Anonymous 15 May 2010
@The last anonymous. Regarding the latter opinion, I guess J.E. says what everybody thinks (including most 8C climbers): "it is nonsense to suggest that simply by calling something V16 anyone is progressing the sport."
Anonymous 18 May 2010
Dai mentioned it is harder than 8C. So it may be 8C/C+ or 8C+ in his blog.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...