UKC

NEWS: Major Rock Fall in the South West

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 01 Apr 2010
[Lower Sharpnose showing the 'slumped' Middle Fin., 3 kb]During the winter storms the middle Fin of the crag Lower Sharpnose, on the north Cornish coast, has slumped forward but not fallen down completely.

It appears to have come to rest in a tilted angle but in a relatively stable situation.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=52694

richardr 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Fay was in the back of my head as something I could possibly have a go at one day when I'm much fitter than I am. Sounds like it will never happen now. RIP!
 Sankey 01 Apr 2010
In reply to richardr: Check the date
In reply to richardr: The new route - "A likely story" - no hints there? Rock has moved and is now completely stable?
 owlart 01 Apr 2010
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat: Not to mention that infamous Dutch climber Hertz Vanhire!
 BlownAway 01 Apr 2010
In reply to owlart: Is it me or are the two climbers on the second pic heading in different directions too?
 The Pylon King 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Total genius. a very well done UKC
In reply to UKC News: new awesome overhanging route on one side then.. and a warm slab on the other!!
 thommi 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News: loving the work. first proper chortle of the day.
 franksnb 01 Apr 2010
got me, damn. I was super excited to get down there for a second
 walkermob 01 Apr 2010
Had me going for a bit there. Nice one.
 richardr 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Hook line and sinker! Well done! In my defense I have been up since 5 with a poorly baby.
 ksjs 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News: hook line and sinker for me! good job too as theres work to be done on that Middle Fin...
 andybenham 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News: Nicely done! Got me too. Even emailed me mate to tell him!
 3 Names 01 Apr 2010
In reply to andybenham:

Got me too.
 DJonsight 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News: My heart stopped for a moment. I've always wanted to do Pacemaker.
In reply to DJonsight:
> (In reply to UKC News) My heart stopped for a moment. I've always wanted to do Pacemaker.

very funny!
 lowersharpnose 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:

The Dutch guy's name is class - Hertz van Hire.
In reply to lowersharpnose:

he has a mate, Avis Karental
 John H Bull 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Back of the net. Was totally Small Plate McGinty'd.
In reply to UKC News:

Almost got out of my chair to get ready to go...Photo's make it so much more realistic!
shane_b 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Does anyone know how to refund a ryanair flight, had it booked to leave saturday
 Dave Searle 01 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News: i think i just laughed so hard that i weed a little.
nice work ukc, pick punch first of the month.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 05 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News: damm, i was just making plans to get down there next weekend!
 Paz 06 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:

pmsl
 Richard Morgan 11 Apr 2010
In reply to UKC News:

LOLOLOL - was rebuking my mate in the pub for falling for the napes needle april fools when I started to recount the sharpnose situation - as I was saying it it dawned on me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...