UKC

NEWS: New 8C+ for Aidan Roberts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 25 Apr 2023

The Lion's Share, 8C+, is Aidan's fourth FA at the grade.

Read more

RyBlackmore 26 Apr 2023
In reply to UKC News:

Aiden is the type of guy to be so humble as to never suggest ground breaking grades, in this case 9A, for his own FAs. Same is somewhat true of Bosi. Though not uniquely a British trait I think our apologetic nature has something to do with it. Can't wait for 10years time when some of these lines start getting more repeats and the true grades come out.

I would quite enjoy an incredibly cocky climber to counterbalance all this infuriatingly woke, stoic, humble waddage we have at the moment. Bang up the world's first 9B boulder and say it was easier than his home board.

Post edited at 11:27
 TheGeneralist 26 Apr 2023
In reply to UKC News:

> it has been satisfying to observe my progression in a physical sense but likely physiologically too

Do we think he meant to say that?

remus Global Crag Moderator 26 Apr 2023
In reply to RyBlackmore:

> Aiden is the type of guy to be so humble as to never suggest ground breaking grades, in this case 9A, for his own FAs. Same is somewhat true of Bosi. Though not uniquely a British trait I think our apologetic nature has something to do with it. Can't wait for 10years time when some of these lines start getting more repeats and the true grades come out.

Much as I love a good bit of grade banter, I think Aidan's suggestions have been pretty on the money for the most part. His hard FAs have received a decent amount of attention and several of them have been repeated and confirmed e.g. Vecchio Leone SDS was repeated by Matt Fultz and confirmed at 8C+, same for Railway at 8C, and Everything the Light Touches has had a couple of repeats and suggestions at 8C which is in the same ball park as Aidan's 8C/+.

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff, looks like another cool addition from Aidan, and what a legacy on that boulder!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...