UKC

OI NEWS: OutDoor Friedrichshafen 2015: UKC Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 22 Jul 2015
The very light Black Diamond Camalots seemed to go down well..., 4 kbIt was that time of year again, when the outdoor industry assembles across 12 gigantic halls in a small German town for an intense 5 days of networking, beer-drinking, Currywurst-eating and most importantly - showcasing the hottest products for 2015/16.

Over the next few weeks we will be publishing video interviews and photos from OutDoor Friedrichshafen with brand representatives, who talked us through the key features of their favourite new items.

Read more
 TobyA 22 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Can I review the new OR crack gloves please!?!?! How cool do they look!?
In reply to TobyA:

I'm sure we can arrange something Toby

Never did I think I'd see the day when we could publish a 'Crack Glove Comparative Review', but with three different ones on the market it would be worthwhile (if not just to freak out the traditionalists).
 Ramon Marin 22 Jul 2015
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKC:

i think that would be a great review! the Ocun are brilliant
 TobyA 22 Jul 2015
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKC + Ramon:
Yeah, that could be fun. I've been using the singing rock ones for years but they are starting to get rather dog-eared I've got a bunch of "classic" HVS and E1 hand and fist cracks around my newly adopted home area (The Vice (E1 5b)!) waiting for me to test them on.
 MightyStew 22 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

The BD rep is so ~dreamy~

Just look at his smile.
Removed User 23 Jul 2015
In reply to TobyA:

There is Ocún, Singing Rock, Obrworks (http://www.obrworks.cz/7-sparove-rukavice-m.html), nowadays OR. A rewiev of all of them would be great!
 HeMa 23 Jul 2015
In reply to Removed UserMichal Sylla:

> There is Ocún, Singing Rock, Obrworks (http://www.obrworks.cz/7-sparove-rukavice-m.html), nowadays OR. A rewiev of all of them would be great!

Also Triop, which is something between Ocun and Singing Rock.

Thus far Ocun has triumphed, but perhaps the OR is even better.

The OR seems like a lot like the Ocun, but perhaps with a better tightening mechanism...
 Skyfall 23 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Is it just me or could Natalie look less interested (in an interested way) in the entry level five tens...

In all seriousness, nice to see this article.
 TobyA 23 Jul 2015
In reply to Skyfall:

> Is it just me or could Natalie look less interested (in an interested way) in the entry level five tens...

That's the problem when you send the rock stars to look at the punter gear. Now, on the other hand, if UKC had sent their most punterish long term gear reviewer... (cue Clarkson voice) "some say that since moving back to Britain he now takes hexes on every route he climbs... even the sports routes! We just know he's called THE PUNTER!"

eschaton 24 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Please can you Send Jim Titt to review Friedrichshafen again, I want to know which colours are in and what activities i'm supposed to be doing this year.

"Freidrichshafen: the gleaming temple of outdoor consumerism" - http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2908&lgn=105985
 FreshSlate 24 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:
This article should be called 'Natalie Berry... stands with people'.

Like the picture of the DMM lads, looks like they had fun.
Post edited at 09:24

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...