UKC

INTERVIEW: Shane Ohly Smashes the Lakes Classic Rock Challenge Record

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Aug 2022

Kendal-based climber and runner Shane Ohly has broken the Lakes Classic Rock Challenge Record, with a time of 9hrs 22mins.

Read more

Herdwickmatt 23 Aug 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Quality effort and some real determination to nail something relatively esoteric!

Michael Hood 23 Aug 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Great interview, fascinating to see the level of preparation Shane put into this and that his race-pace schedule was another 50 minutes faster.

Gripped 23 Aug 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one, fast! Is his track publicly available, I tried a two day attempt at the round a couple of years ago however we got bogged down in navigation and route finding, it would be good to know what is the most efficient track between the routes as it would be nice to rethink our tactics and try again for a weekend round at some point. Thanks.

shane ohly 23 Aug 2022
In reply to Gripped:

I'm writing a detailed account of the day for my personal blog which will include the GPX data. It'll have to wait until after our September events though!

Gripped 24 Aug 2022
In reply to shane ohly:

Sounds great, thanks.

In reply to shane ohly:

> I'm writing a detailed account of the day for my personal blog which will include the GPX data. It'll have to wait until after our September events though!

Whilst prepping this never-ending interview* I ended up getting lost in/amongst the archives of your blog - there really is some great stuff in there. Look forward to reading the entry about the Lakes Classic Rock Challenge as/when life calms down enough for you to write it.

* thanks once-again for answering quite so many questions - I may have got a little carried away in places...sorry... 😅

HakanT 24 Aug 2022
In reply to shane ohly:

Hey Shane,

Congratulations again from the party you passed on Little Chamonix!

morpcat 24 Aug 2022
In reply to shane ohly:

Good to hear you still have time and energy left to focus on the September events - I am (and I think Rob is too?) looking forward to Glen Coe!

In reply to morpcat:

I am indeed - can’t wait!

Presuming you’re done for the Glen Coe Skyline too?

morpcat 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

If my mind and body will carry me, yes! Haven't been able to go since 2018 when it ended up being a modified bad weather route. It was still a great day but it left me wanting/needing to come back. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...