UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Slabducation - La Pedriza

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Feb 2023

This week's Friday Night Video is a trip to one of the world's most brutal climbing areas: La Pedriza, Spain. Sharp rock, long run outs and a complete lack of holds often strike fear into the hearts of climbers but are also among some of the factors that attract climbers to the area. Watch as a whole host of international starts, including Johnny Dawes, Caro Ciavaldini, James Pearson, Dani Andrada, Sean Villanueva and Siebe Vanhee, are guided by local stalwart, Talo Martin.

Read more

In reply to UKC News:

Excellent and slabtastic.

Enty 04 Feb 2023
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome. That place has been on my hit-list for years. Anyone got any info on camping etc?

Cheers,

E

Andrew23 04 Feb 2023
In reply to Enty:

I went about 8 years ago. From what I remember there were two campsites, one which was walking distance to the rocks, but seemed smaller and not quite as nice, and another which was bigger, a bit nicer, and about a 10minute drive to the rocks. I'm afraid I can't remember the name of either.

Most people stayed in their vans in the car parks in the national park (it had something of a party atmosphere), although if you choose this option there aren't any toilet facilities within the national park.

It was a lot of fun and I'd love to go back. We did a mix of bouldering and sport which was ideal as the sport climbing on the slabs gives the skin on your fingers a bit of a rest. The granite is very sharp.

MeMeMe 04 Feb 2023
In reply to Enty:

I don’t know if he still does but Talo to used to air bnb a room in his house, great if you want any beta!

ChrisJD 04 Feb 2023
In reply to UKC News:

That was very good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...