UKC

VIDEO: The Dawn Wall — Trailer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 08 Mar 2018
[The Dawn Wall — Trailer]
In January 2015, Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson spent 19 days living on the side of El Capitan, in Yosemite National Park, attempting the first free climb of the unthinkably blank 3,000-foot face known as The Dawn Wall. Their efforts to complete the world's hardest big wall ignited a global media frenzy, inspiring millions.

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=4144
In reply to UKC Videos:

The implication from the credits at the end is that this is a forthcoming full-length feature film. If so, does anyone know if it's going to get a general release in the UK?

In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

I believe they're working on distribution at the moment. It looks like it will do a tour of festivals and then be available to buy online.

Nick

jon 08 Mar 2018
In reply to Nick Brown - UKC:

Have you any idea why it's taken so long to produce it?

In reply to jon:

It is a huge film project that would have required a great deal of post-production. Not to mention they would have had other films in the pipeline (last years Reel Rock) to release first.

jon 08 Mar 2018

Thanks. Just that three years seemed a long time to me!

Mr Lopez 08 Mar 2018

> Have you any idea why it's taken so long to produce it?

> It is a huge film project that would have required a great deal of post-production.

Ondra would have probably finished the post-production in a day

JR_NL 09 Mar 2018
In reply to UKC Videos:

I've seen the full documentary in November at the International Documentary Filmfestival Amsterdam, and it's more than worth it! It's not your average climbing film, but a documentary that is well worth it for climbers and non-climbers alike. I took my girlfriend who doesn't climb and she thought it was amazing. 

In other words, go see it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...