UKC

NEWS: Two Font 8Cs in a week for Will Bosi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 Jun 2022

Will Bosi has climbed two Font 8Cs in the past week with ascents of a new sit start to Dan Varian's Bewilderness (f8B+), in Deep Dale, and a repeat of Aidan Roberts' Outliers (f8C), at Trowbarrow.

Read more

stp 14 Jun 2022
In reply to UKC News:

He also climbed The Southern Hooligan at Raven Tor a few weeks back: a 9a route with an 8B+/8C boulder prob start. Doesn't seem to have been reported on here though.

vid: youtube.com/watch?v=IfnkQC9k2ZU&

All extremely impressive...

brbushell 14 Jun 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Will has reported three 8C boulders in the last week, also repeating Aidan's Silent Singer at the Bowderstone 

youtube.com/watch?v=ohD1vwdOYNs&

Ian Patterson 14 Jun 2022
In reply to stp:

> All extremely impressive...

And Silent Singer another 8C of Aiden's, not sure if that quite makes it into 'in a week' but pretty close. 

youtube.com/watch?v=ohD1vwdOYNs&

Agree, the stuff he's done over the last few months feels pretty incredible!

Don Jebus 14 Jun 2022
In reply to UKC News:

There seems to be quite a lot of ascents which aren't getting reported on here. Took over a week for anything to appear about Josh Ibbertson doing Rainman. That's big news! 

In reply to Don Jebus:

I'm not sure if you saw my comment over on the thread regarding Josh's ascent of Rainman, but that outlines the reasons why, although I think we all feel like this was a fairly major omission. It is, like you say, 'big news'.

As a bit more background, Natalie has been on holiday over the last couple of weeks, which has presented us with problems, because in her absence we have very little backup. Nick Brown was originally employed with this in mind, but his role has morphed into something completely different, and now almost exclusively focussed on film. Whilst I dabble in editorial from time to time, Natalie's absence has coincided with our major UK trade show, so I've been firmly focussed on that.

These probably all sound like excuses, and to an extent they are, but hopefully they provide a bit of context. In terms of how we proceed, prevent a situation like this occurring again, and be more proactive with our news reporting I think the answer is quite simple: we need another member of staff. 

Your post, and the other thread, coupled with the various events and absences of the last few weeks, have brought that to the fore, so bear with whilst we discuss and decide quite what we're going to do...

Adam Lincoln 14 Jun 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

I think it would be unreasonable of the climbing public to expect every bit of news to be reported on UKC. You capture most of the major stuff. 

I find it generally amusing when people seem put out that you have missed something. 

Ian Patterson 15 Jun 2022
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

> I think it would be unreasonable of the climbing public to expect every bit of news to be reported on UKC. You capture most of the major stuff. 

> I find it generally amusing when people seem put out that you have missed something. 

Agreed, certainly my comment (and probably most the others) were more to highlight quite how incredibly Will seems to be climbing at the moment rather than any criticism of UKC news. 

Don Jebus 17 Jun 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Cheers for the background Rob, I do forget sometime's the UKC is a small team.

I certainly don't think you should end up like 8a.nu, reporting every time some random climbs a route 8c or harder, but major UK ascents should be in there with the top global stuff going on. Just my 2 cents. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...