UKC

NEWS: UKC Logbooks Approaching 10 Million Entries - Win a Prize!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 13 Oct 2023

Eighteen years after launching our popular UKC Logbook system, we are approaching ten million entries. With just 1,373 entries to go, we expect to hit the 10 million mark this weekend (weather-permitting). To celebrate, we're giving the logger of the ten-millionth entry free access to the Rockfax Digital app for one year and a Rockfax guidebook of your choice.

Read more

Luke90 13 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC News:

Have you thought this all the way through? Surely by announcing this in advance you're just encouraging someone to log about 1500 routes now? Or at least to log a bunch of routes to up their chances whether they've climbed them or not.

In reply to Luke90:

Given the astronomical prize of £20 on offer I suspect you'll see thousands of people spending hours logging.

Tyler 13 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC News:

That is some milestone, well done. The logbooks have given me enormous pleasure /wasted me a lot of time over the years so thank you (despite my on going reservations about the impact on the voluntary guide book sector etc etc).

Luke90 13 Oct 2023
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:

The votes seem to agree with you that I'm being overly cynical. But I don't think you should underestimate the weird motivations of internet people! People have gone to greater lengths for smaller prizes. And some might just see it as a challenge.

ChrisBrooke 13 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC News:

Congratulations UKC and it's many loggers! 

The logbooks are one of the main reasons I'm on here: keeping it as an activity diary; making notes on my ascents; making and subscribing to tick-lists; getting beta before my onsight attempts ( ) , sharing beta/beta videos; getting access and parking info... I spend a lot of time in that corner of UKC.

The other reason is obviously the longstanding Wordle thread.

p.s. can I suggest as a prize for the 10,000,000th logger: all your 'dogged' logs updated to 'onsight'. Become the hero you always dreamed of.

Post edited at 14:35
 deacondeacon 13 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC News:

The UKC logbooks are most definitely the best part of UKC and I absolutely love filling it in, and seeing what my mates have been up to.  We're really fortunate to have it, and with the included weather, access, season info etc it's very often a lifesaver.  I definitely use it at least once a day. 🙂

ralphio 13 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC News:

Out of interest. What was the first climb logged in UKC?

deacondeacon 13 Oct 2023
In reply to ralphio:

It's in the article! 😉

olddirtydoggy 14 Oct 2023
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:

You've never visited the fine people of Yorkshire?

myrddinmuse 16 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC News:

I love stats and the UKC logbooks sucked me in as soon as I started climbing outdoors and I have been a slave to it ever since (2,600+ logs and about eight years later). I have a terrible memory and could never do a paper log so I'd say those logs, all I've written in them, are some of my most prized (digital possessions). Logs with friends that aren't around any more, days I'd forgotten all about until reading my notes again, the inspiration and fun of reading about other people's experiences. 

This site is so much better than all competitors, but especially the logbooks and stats functions, and it gets better all the time, just as all other websites I use seem to be getting worse! Crossing my fingers that my weekend's haul of boulders will get me over the line...

Ramon Marin 16 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC News

UKC logbooks is the blood that runs through my veins...

myrddinmuse 16 Oct 2023
In reply to Ramon Marin:

Some days clicking "add to logbook" feels nearly equal in dopamine to actually topping out... Don't judge me 

Steve Woollard 25 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC News:

I guess we must have hit 10 million by now and I've missed the fanfare.

Who won, and what route?

petegunn 26 Oct 2023
In reply to Natalie Berry - UKC:

Hey Mega! 🤗 

We only took our shoes and chalk with us on the off chance of the boulder being dry! We were only really going out for a walk round the fells that day. 

Funny how it was a f3+ that took it for the win - one for the people! 💪🤣

Thanks UKC 

10,000,000!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...