UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: One Week with Alex Megos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 08 Sep 2014
Alex Megos climbing Unjustified, 8c, at Malham, 5 kbHere's a fantastic video from DMM featuring Alex Megos crushing in the UK.

What comes across in the video is not only how strong Alex is - firing off hard classic after hard classic with barely a moment's rest in between - but his happy, fun loving personality.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69160

robertmichaellovell Global Crag Moderator 09 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Great video
 aln 09 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Sorry like after like five like minutes I like had to like stop watching the video coz like I couldn't like stand the constant useless repetition of the word like.
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome video, what a beast!
 Morgan Woods 09 Sep 2014
In reply to aln:

No doubt picking up bad habits from native speakers, but his English is much better than my German so I thought it would be churlish to complain!

Shame you tuned out, as you missed out on a great showcase of hard British sport climbing.
 ericinbristol 09 Sep 2014
Check out Megos on Hubble! 8:23 in. He says it's hard for 8c+ but hard to judge due to its unusual character.

Dr_C 09 Sep 2014
In reply to aln:

There's a mute button you know. I always use it cos constant music is inappropriate as far as I'm concerned - prefer to watch in peace.
 antcarney 09 Sep 2014
In reply to UKC News: really nice film nick

AdamCB 09 Sep 2014
In reply to aln:

And I thought climbers said 'super' too often.. Someone should have a word with him - as a sponsored 'athlete' promoting himself and his sponsors it makes him sound ridiculous when in fact his English is clearly excellent. Phenomenal climbing though obviously!
 GermanAlex 10 Sep 2014
Some very impressive climbing there! Good effort.

From a linguistic perspective, I'm with aln; his constant use of the word "like" made me mute the sections in which he's talking. Quite odd, as frankly for a German (speaking from experience) his accent is much better than most. Don't know a single Brit who uses the word "like" as much as he does though!

Typical UKC post then, one line about incredible climbing, and a whole lot more about use of the word "like" -.-
clarkey 10 Sep 2014
In response to Aln and others:

so do you guys all speak fluent German then, with perfect use of idioms?

sounds to me like a typical fussy British response from people who don´t speak languages

Nice vid!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...