A popular route in a good position. Start at the base of a groove with 'PMP' etched on it.
1) 27m. Climb the groove for 4m, move right and climb the arete to a tree (possible belay). Continue slightly to the right up the next groove above a ledge to another tree in a bay.
2) 10m. Traverse right across the slab to belay in a corner left of the nose.
3) 4a, 30m. Step right onto a nose of rock. Climb round the right-hand side of the nose which leads to the base of the upper slab (possible belay). Climb the slab then step right to a ledge. Scramble off above. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
Update, Apr 21 (Mike Doodle):
Update to clarify the start (to help those that may be reading this at base of Pant Ifan trying to work it out...!). The Rockfax description here differs from the 2010 CC guide for the description of PMP. In summary, there are two starts:
1) Left hand start. As per Rockfax description here. PMP scratched on rock. The original way. Easy, passing some trees. 2 pitches. Described in CC guide as first two pitches of Borchgrevinck then into PMP. (This is also a separate logbook entry on here "Borchgrevinck / Poor Man's Peuterey" which is the same.)
2) Right hand start. As per CC guide's description for PMP. A much better start but more technical. Starts at rock buttress about 15m to R of ‘PMP scratch’ and aims towards a triangular overhang at about 20m, before stepping R into a groove, up this then hard left along a juggy flake to a ledge with a tree at base of the big slab. 2 pitches. This start has been overgrown in the past but is currently clean (2021).
North Wales Rock Graded List, ROCKFAX - Top 50 North Wales Climbs, Best Multi-pitch Severe and Hard Severe, AMC Uni Ticklist, North wales road to ruins HVS, The best the UK has to offer for mere mortals (apart from the lakes cos its always wet), North Wales Super Summer Solo Ticklist, "A Graded List of a Few Welsh Climbs" Aka ROGER'S LIST, Michelle's crack ticklist, George's Ultimate Easy to Mid-Grade North Wales Trad Ticklist, Definitive *** Tremadog
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents