Fun and varied climbing that builds to a head-spinning finish on the summit of the pinnacle. Start below a chimney crack at the foot of the ridge, where the approach path begins to drop down to the main area.
1) 8m. Bridge steeply up the chimney to a large ledge.
2) 9m. Scramble easily to a belay ledge under a vertical wall with a crack in it.
3) 13m. Climb the crack to another ledge. Continue up the arete and move left to a ledge and belay below a vertical crack.
4) 10m. Make a committing step right to the arete and move up to the top of the pinnacle. Climb down and bridge across to a short finishing wall. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
It is possible to run pitches together for convenience.
Start below a small chimney, 5 metres left of Mucky Gully.
1) 3a. Bridge the chimney. Belay.
2) 3a. Climb over blocks to a ledge, and a belay.
3) 3a. Move out right, to an airy wall overlooking the gully. Climb up this wall,
then move back left, to a ledge. Belay
4) 3a. Move back right, climb up the wall, go around the pinnacle (to the right), and step across the gap, to the top of Mucky Gully, and a short wall. Climb this wall. VARIATION HARD SEVERE 4A
3a) 4a. Move out left from the ledge, climb direct to another ledge, from where
the summit block is reached.
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents