UKC

UKC Fat Club Week 16

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 20 Apr 2014
UKC Fat Club is not a substitute for giving up pies and beer but to use in addition to such self denial as a motivational tool for all.

This training article by Dave Macleod includes a section on dietary advice from a climber's point of view:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=317

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's sins, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have eaten.
By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this will hopefully
improve your eating habits to help achieve your weight loss/maintenance goals whatever the level of your current blobbiness.

Link to last week's (15) thread: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=584148

Apologies to UKC Fit Club for the shameful plagiarism in this thread!

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=584148

VS4b - down 1.5lbs; glad you're back to full fitness.
AndrewW - rubbish as per usual.
practicallypixie - hiding from the scales but looks like exercising is going well.
Fatclimber - not trying too hard at the moment, but intends to get serious after Easter.
waterbaby - nearly 2lbs down; now lost at stone (give or take). Well done!
Exile - same weight as last week.
Sleepy_trucker - hitting the easter eggs. Did you hook up with practicallypixie?
Dick, Still a Fat B - 14st but being inspired by big Ron.

That's all folks. Have a good Easter.
In reply to AndrewW:

Happy Easter all!

Got on the scales - 1 pound up...which is better than I expected! Back on it this week. Lots of climbing over Easter but also lots of eating....
 Fatclimber 22 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Got on the scales 4 kilos up! But that is still 4 down on the start of the year. Now to try and lose them again. So back to eating less, drinking less and exercising more. At least I know its possible!
 VS4b 24 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Back up a pound to 251, I blame chocolate eggs, and cake and not attempting to focus at all really. Sadly the 150miles cycled werent enough to offset the lack of attention to what ive been eating Must get back in the habit of using myfitnesspal as it was working when i was using it.

Big week coming up as i attempt my longest ever one-day bike ride on Saturday. The ride is 200miles and it's forecast to rain and be windy which is not great news...
 Sleepy_trucker 24 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

I'm up a little under a pound, so now roughly a kilo below what I started off with, not a lot granted but probably more than I'd've lost without this thread. Seems to me the more time I spend at home the worse it gets, too many temptations. The best news is I'm still off the smokes; coming up to 2 months now, the last couple of weeks have been quite testing though.

Didn't manage to meet up with practicallypixie but the car's finally back on the road, though there's still a little left to do.

I'm hoping to get across to the peak for the weekend, despite the forecast, my diet and calories burned are always much better when I'm away from the biscuit tin and other home "comforts"......
 waterbaby 24 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:
A static week on wgt loss for me. Birthdays and BBQ's to blame. Kids back at school now so trying to focus again.

Busy week this week with potential for celebrating or drowning my sorrows.
In reply to AndrewW:

Not a good week, had an awkward fall off the wall and have badly injured rt elbow, which was a shame as had just toped out on a route I wouldn't have thought possible a month ago.
Have also eaten some of the kids chocolate eggs.
Trying to persuade the wife to let be build a wall in the garden.

Thanks

Richard

waterbaby 26 Apr 2014
In reply to VS4b:

Good luck, hope it's not as bad as expected! You'll get back on it this week I'm sure
 waterbaby 26 Apr 2014
In reply to Sleepy_trucker:

Live in a tent instead!
 waterbaby 26 Apr 2014
In reply to Dick, Still a Fat B:

Bugger that you are injured but good that it was on a route you didn't think possible. You are allowed a treat but stealing the kids eggs...really?
Persuading wife........................ best of luck.
Andy Gamisou 26 Apr 2014
In reply to AndrewW:

Weight about the same. Injured shoulder doing laps outside. A bit annoying, but first real injury I've picked up in yonks so shouldn't really complain. But I will anyway. Compensating by doing running and stuff in garden, so hope to use more calories.
Andy Gamisou 26 Apr 2014
In reply to Sleepy_trucker:

Nice one on losing a bit of weight at the same time as giving up smoking.
 Sleepy_trucker 26 Apr 2014
In reply to waterbaby:

That was the idea, for this weekend anyway, but instead I fitted a new exhaust manifold gasket to my car - lets just say I'd have had more fun in a tent quite literally ANYWHERE! lol

But, another bank holiday coming up, I really hope I can make up for it.

Thanks AndrewW, really I feel I've achieved less than most of you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...