UKC

NEWS: Berry Hits The Big Time! UKC Staff In The Papers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 27 Nov 2015
Natalie Berry Hits The Big Time, 4 kbUKC Assistant Editor Natalie Berry has hit the mainstream press today following the release of the Hotaches Productions film about her 'transition' to trad and winter climbing.

Headlines include: Natalie Proves She's A Rock Star! (Scottish Daily Mail) and Documentary captures first female ascent of Scotland's notorious Cobbler (New York Times)...

Read more

In reply to UKC News:
Excellent, it is a great film, well worth a watch.
 Michael Gordon 27 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

that NY Times headline is hilarious!
 The Pylon King 27 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

I'm having film made about my transition from not understanding bouldering grades at all to realising boulderers are as thick as shit as they cant even agree on one system.
 Offwidth 27 Nov 2015
In reply to Urgles:

A bit like trad climbers and sports climbers really given the numerous systems around the world....

Anyhow, well done Natalie.
 Sean Kelly 27 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

That 'photo' of Dalriada is simply stunning though. No wonder it made the papers. I had total white out the only time I was ever up on the Cobbler
 Mark Collins 28 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Got my vote at Kendal, don't remember a great deal of climbing in Operation Moffatt in comparison although Gwen is great.
 smithaldo 28 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Good on the cobbler, holding out against femninism and not letting women on it until 2015.
 Mick Ward 28 Nov 2015
In reply to Michael Gordon:

> that NY Times headline is hilarious!

Ain't it so...

My mate Derek reckons she's really that French lass from the telly, you know the one that used to climb without a rope (did she used to always forget her rope or what?) Anyway Derek says, these days, if they forget their rope, it has to be photoshopped in afterwards - cos of Elf 'n Safetee.

Knows all sorts does our Derek. Used to be in the SAS with Bare-Faced Grills. And he's scaled The Peaks. And Mount Ogwen.

Mick
 leewil86 28 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

it was an alright read i preferred the daily star though
 ericinbristol 29 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

That was beautiful and inspiring! Very psyched after watching that! Some mega classic routes in stunning settings, and Natalie, Dave and Lucy all coming across wonderfully well.
 Robert Durran 30 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Wow! A fabulous and inspiring film in so many ways.
In reply to UKC News:

I'm taken aback that Natalie has time to get things like this done considering the length and volume of her UKC articles!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...