UKC

Symonds Yat - Whitt - Threads removed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The two large threads on Whitt VS 4c on the Longstone Pinnacle have been removed today due to visible damage and a concern for safety. They will be replaced as soon as possible with some shrouded replacements.

In the meantime you will need a couple of large slings with you if you wish to maintain the grade and be cautious that this landmark on the route has been removed.

Sven
 springfall2008 24 Jul 2017
In reply to Graham 'Sven' Hassall:

Is that the thread just above the traverse into the cave? Isn't the second higher up one related to the direct HVS route rather than Whitt itself or is my memory wrong?
In reply to Graham 'Sven' Hassall:

What threads would they be? They were never in-situ from my recollection and imho it is only the grade if done direct to the top.
 springfall2008 31 Jul 2017
In reply to Hugh J:

Whitt (VS 4c) is 2 pitches in the guide book, the rope drag would be pretty awful if you run them together. But isn't Orange Wall (HVS 5a) the single pitch direct variant?

The Ivanator 02 Aug 2017
In reply to springfall2008:
With half ropes and reasonably thoughtful extension Whitt is comfortably done as a single pitch. As I recall there was a substantial in situ thread just before rounding the corner to the cave. Guessing the second thread referred to is on the Orange Wall variant.
 bpmclimb 02 Aug 2017
In reply to The Ivanator:

> Guessing the second thread referred to is on the Orange Wall variant.

That sounds right.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...