UKC

Do you tweet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ice Doctor 19 Jul 2017
Lol.

How much?

Lol even harder.

(Serious Question tho)
 Yanis Nayu 19 Jul 2017
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

Yep, not much though.
 bouldery bits 19 Jul 2017

No.

Nope. It's useful for two things, as I see it: as a channel for corporate communications and engagement with a certain section of stakeholders; and as a channel to let a not-infinite-but-still-quite-large number of monkeys think their opinions have some value.

OK, the second point is as harsh as the first is valid but neither makes me inclined to add my voice. That's what this place is for...

T.
 broken spectre 19 Jul 2017
In reply to Pursued by a bear:
You are right - both points but there is a third... Amongst the dross there are extraordinary characters out there (journalists, activists and artists) funny parody accounts and also fascinating organisations (NASA?) There is no need to add a voice, just hoover up the goodness!
Post edited at 23:17
 The New NickB 19 Jul 2017

I have a personal twitter account, doesn't get used much.

I manage the twitter account for my running club, that is quite busy.

I have access to and occasionally contribute to one of my employers accounts.
 Wingnut 20 Jul 2017

I don't for myself, but I do look after an account for a sports club I'm involved with.
Andy Gamisou 20 Jul 2017
Yes. Most commonly after consuming too many baked beans then trying to hold it in by clenching my buttocks tight together. Hope that helps!
Post edited at 11:21
I don't actually tweet much myself, but it's a useful way of having a very focussed newsfeed - I keep Twitter almost exclusively for environmental and birdwatching stuff, use UKC for climbing/mountain stuff, whilst Facebook I keep more for friends and family.
Post edited at 11:29
 Neil Williams 20 Jul 2017

I'm on Twitter but not really. I use it as a content aggregator and a means of quickly having customer service issues dealt with.
 jasonC abroad 20 Jul 2017

I have an account, mainly used for keeping up with developments/thoughts in IT, also for general news about things I am interested in. I try to keep the amount of people/things I follow down to a minimum, though I do follow Jesus on Twitter and he's quite funny
 The Ivanator 20 Jul 2017

Nope, but I am partial to the occasional "Too-whit too-woo".
 kathrync 20 Jul 2017

I have an account. I use it primarily as a content aggregator. I occasionally tweet work-related stuff - most advertisements for workshops that I am involved in.
 Siward 20 Jul 2017

God no.
Gone for good 20 Jul 2017

I don't but I was made aware that Justin Bieber had more followers than 'God'. The 'God' Twitter account was very funny.
 Chris the Tall 20 Jul 2017

Occasionally, mainly for posting conditions reports on peak district mountain biking (via @keeperofthepeak), or in response to a tweet from someone I follow. Eg CycleSheffield asking for suggestions on dangerous roads.

Find twitter a useful news feed, but not a place for meaningful discussion.
 DannyC 20 Jul 2017

Yes, and I find it increasingly useful and interesting, especially for real time reaction to news and events.

It's an open platform, so I keep things fairly safe, but do tweet quite regularly about walking, climbing, wildlife and go on the occasional gentle political rant: @dannycarden

D.
No, but do have an account as it is the easiest way whilst on the go to monitor road closures, diversions, etc. They update that so quick compare with other dedicated websites surprisingly, and so much easier.

Laughably, I have one follower even though I have never tweeted anything!!
 ericinbristol 20 Jul 2017

I use it quite a few times per day - great for my work as an academic
 Si_G 22 Jul 2017

I'm a gobshite.
It I don't like conflict, so generally block people I disagree with.
It's mostly for injokes with mates, and stalking interesting people.
I occasionally forget I don't actually know the "celebs" and can't tell if I'm annoying Grimer or not.
In reply to Gone for good:

A God Twitter? Do tell more?

Traffic report/road closures via twitter? How does that work?
Gone for good 24 Jul 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/god

I do like the liquor shop advert.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...