UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Peak Limestone update for Rockfax Digital

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 05 May 2021

The recent good weather has left the limestone crags of the Peak District in good condition and we are delighted to annouce an update to the Peak Limestone package on Rockfax Digital.

Read more

TobyA 05 May 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

I have it all downloaded on my phone. Do I need to do anything to up date it?

In reply to TobyA:

Toby, did you have the green cycle "update" button next to the crags to update them? That should have shown on all the crags with updates available.

We had an issue rolling this out earlier whereby the app wasn't properly recieving the updated crag information. Try closing and reopening the app and see if those buttons appear.

remus Global Crag Moderator 05 May 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

Maybe just a UKC issue but I noticed access for Blue Yonder says it's banned, but then the notes say 'no issues'.

In reply to remus:

> Maybe just a UKC issue but I noticed access for Blue Yonder says it's banned, but then the notes say 'no issues'.

Hi Remus

That is a BMC RAD problem. We take the feed by default from RAD and it pipes in the notes however this crag is marked as banned on RAD (which it is) but doesn't have any notes in the section we use. I can over-ride it on UKC for the time being.

Thanks for spotting.

Alan

robert-hutton 05 May 2021
In reply to UKC Gear:

Updated all the peak crags, now when I go to Peak limestone routes and press the information "I" it closes the app?

robert-hutton 06 May 2021
In reply to robert-hutton:

Had to uninstall and reinstall to make it work, seems like I have to do this with any book updates.

In reply to robert-hutton:

Hi Robert,

Sorry, we didn't get back to you yesterday.

Is it the "i" button you are clicking, on a route cell, when viewing a topo? Or possibly, is it the "i" button, for more buttress information, in the top right corner of a topo?

Cheers,
Martin

robert-hutton 06 May 2021
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

The route cell for more details on the route.

Post edited at 08:54
 TobyA 06 May 2021
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Lots of glitchy problems and a few crashes, but after re starting the app the things crags that didn't seem to be updating (spinning white circle in green square of doom!) to seem to there and I think updated! I'm a big enough Stoney area quarry geek to see Goddard's top tier has new routes in it. Not sure what has been updated at say Harpur Hill, but I suspect it's there. The totally new crags downloaded without hitch, it was the updates that caused the problems - but all's well that ends well! Looking forward to visiting some new places now and finding some new routes to try!

In reply to TobyA:

Harpur Hill Quarry - New routes on the Lower Tier (LHS) and Sanctuary Wall

Raven's Foot Buttress and  Tideswell Dale added although the former may well need a second update sometime soon. Also added Playstation Buttress to Raven Tor.

Goddard's Quarry - new routes on upper tier. We will also hopefully do a mini update in the next week or so covering the other new routes on the other areas, I just need some feedback and route names from Nick T.

Chee Dale Lower - a few new routes.

Water-cum-Jolly - a few new routes.

Dale Quarry (Wirksworth) - a few new routes.

General minor updates to  Horseshoe Quarry Stoney West, Stoney Middleton Darlton Quarry (pre-Mission Impossible!),  Hidden Quarry (formerly Darlton 2) Deep Rake, Moss Rake Bend Tor High Tor Wildcat Intake Quarry

Post edited at 09:11
In reply to TobyA:

Thanks for the info Toby. I suspect some of the issues you had may have been down to the problem we discovered yesterday morning. The Android app was not recieving the updated crag info, so we had to do some stuff on the server to correct that.

I know you've had a few issues in the past with the app. The good news is, we've now got an extra pair of hands to free up time for development on the Android app.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...