UKC

ARTICLE: Alpkit CoLAB 09....Innovations featuring Liz Asquith

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 13 Mar 2009
[Alpkit TrainSpotters, 4 kb]The Alpkit National CoLAB Design Award is now in its final phase, and the contestants are now busy in their sheds fine tuning their designs, ready for the final at The Ordnance Survey Outdoors Show.

Despite its modest profile, the event is proving to be one of the most popular events at the show. Colin and Nick Alpkit present the finalists including a double finalist Liz Asquith (aka Wingnut on the UKC forums)

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1708
 Michael Ryan 13 Mar 2009
In reply to UKC Articles:

The Trainspotting Alpkit photo should be a photo of the week..... marketing category.

Mick
 Michael Ryan 13 Mar 2009
and as has just been pointed out to me...

Liz isn't the only UKCer to make the final, btw –Kevin the squeezebox stove man is Captain Paranoia http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/profile.php?id=294

Congratulations to both of you.

Mick
 Dom Whillans 13 Mar 2009
wow, i want one of those whiteout torches; they sound great (not been in a proper whiteout since 93, but still want a torch with fricking lasor beams)
 Wingnut 13 Mar 2009
In reply to Dom Whillans:
<Austin Powers mode>
With a shark attached?
</Austin Powers mode>
 Busby 13 Mar 2009

Yup, well done to all the contestants, tried to come up with stuff myself but don't think using copious amounts of zip ties and gaffa would impress the judges much...

Especially interested in the wwhiteout torch idea, curious to see how well it would work.

Congrats again folks.

Iain

CarolineMc 30 Mar 2009
Congratulations to Captain Paranoia for winning with his Squeezebox stove. Blooming brilliant!

Commiserations, Wingnut. Now get marketing that Jamulator...! C-:
In reply to CarolineMc:

Thanks

Great to see you, Mita and the others. Apologies for 'peck on cheek' ending up in your ear; I'll getting the hang of this luvvie air-kissing one day...

> Commiserations, Wingnut.

Indeed. It certainly deserved to come in the top three, and really ought to make it to production. Not enough climbers at the OS, and too many 'safety'conscious' punters who didn't spot the fundamental flaw in the 'SOS mat' idea.
 winhill 30 Mar 2009
In reply to captain paranoia:

So is the squeezebox going into production?

Congratulations too BTW, if you can make meths stoves worth buying you will be a minor miracle worker.
In reply to UKC Articles: Well done Cap'n.

I spent all Sunday making meths stoves after talking to you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...