UKC

JOBS: Band 3 Route Setter - Leeds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 11 Sep 2023

Depot Climbing is looking for a proactive Band 3 Route Setter to work alongside its current incredible setting team in Leeds! The role reports to...

Read more

sporky 12 Sep 2023
In reply to UKC Gear:

Job adverts should always give a salary. It's not right to expect people to spend time applying to sell their time without telling them a price.

Graeme Hammond 13 Sep 2023
In reply to sporky:

One of the most disappointing things about UKC which keeps cropping up and would be easy to implement.

salad fingers 13 Sep 2023
In reply to sporky:

It took me about 30 seconds to find the salary via the link on their website. Admittedly, this UKC ad is verbatim from their website, which took me about 15 seconds to figure out, and so is a bit misleading, but perhaps this was the first test for potential candidates.

And no, job adverts should not always give a salary. You might want them to, and there are good arguments for doing so, but there's no obligation.

sporky 13 Sep 2023
In reply to salad fingers:

I'm not interested in the job so I didn't click on the advert link. Isn't it a bit odd to have the salary on their wesite but not in an external job advert? Some companies (not the one here) take the piss with jbo adverts. I've heard them say "we prefer candidates who are motivated by our vision and values rather than the salary" which is corporate cult nonsense.

Alex Riley 13 Sep 2023
In reply to sporky:

It seems like it's probably an oversight rather than intentionally missed in this case. £16.5 an hour for anyone interested.

In reply to Graeme Hammond:

> One of the most disappointing things about UKC which keeps cropping up and would be easy to implement.

It's been implemented for ages. Whether or not the advertiser adds that detail to the salary field is up to them. It looks like a oversight in this case and it's already been updated.

spidermonkey09 25 Oct 2023
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

I think the point is that, in the opinion of some, UKC should not accept job adverts without that field being filled in. 

deacondeacon 25 Oct 2023
In reply to sporky:

Am I missing something? The salary is clearly on the post. Perhaps its been edited.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...