UKC

TRIPLE VIDEO: Chris Akrigg Brakeless on Grit..IT'S BONKERS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 08 May 2009
[Chris Akrigg, brakeless in the Llanberis Pass, 2 kb]Chris Akrigg rides a bike with no gears, no suspension and more importantly no brakes. Check it out, it's bonkers. And no we aren't diluting our content. This is climbing related. TURN YOUR SOUND UP.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1852
Serpico 08 May 2009
In reply to UKC Articles:
> TURN YOUR SOUND UP.

The single worst piece of advice ever given on these forums.
 Alex C 08 May 2009
> And no we aren't diluting our content. This is climbing related.

I have a video of some scallies bezzing around Fairy Caves Quarry on their mopeds. Would you like to put it up?
Clauso 08 May 2009

That young man is going to do himself a mischief. Do his parents know what he's up to?
 Boogs 08 May 2009

crazy bonkers indeed , he's the man major skills , big kahuna's , think i might have some sturmy archer brakes i can send him . . quality posting bang tidy man . . big up .
 Andy Moles 08 May 2009

Turn your sound up to be deafened by horrible thrash metal music, oh yeah, thanks very much!

Anyway not bad, have you seen this guy though...?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o&
 Michael Ryan 08 May 2009
In reply to andy moles:

MacAskill has been everywhere last few weeks.

Status Quo thrash metal? ; o )

Another great... What The @£^& Is a Bachinsky? youtube.com/watch?v=Wm8q913yE7E&

great music too... Thin Lizzy
 JSA 08 May 2009

parts of the second one were at the flappits right? was on the news the other day that bradford city council are closing it to bikes, shame really, that was a regular haunt of Dougie Lampkin
 Boogs 08 May 2009
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Good darts Mick , thats proper bo that is . .
In reply to UKC Articles: Excellent set of videos, really enjoyed them. Took me back to my wasted youth hopping over things on mountain bikes. =o)
 gethin_allen 09 May 2009
The sprung stuff isn't that impressive really but the no brakes stuff is really quite mad.
I like his green anodised hope rotor carriers and hope mono piston caps, matches the pedals that also look a bit special, nice.
Although on that thought, why would a sane person with such trick brakes not fit then to his bikes.
 Dan_S 09 May 2009
Does anyone know if the areas were he's mucking about areas were cycles are permitted?
 Enty 09 May 2009
In reply to Dan_S:

I guess it had to be said sooner or later.
I'd be suprised if the area below Earl Crag was ok to bounce around on, especially doing long skids in the ferns like I used to do when I was 9.

There you go - the old chap speaks!

A bit irresponsible of UKC me thinks.

Enty
 biscuit 09 May 2009

I watched the first minute or so of the shipley glen one and turned off bored.

Nothing special there i can do that ;0)
 Fraser 09 May 2009

Well that wasted about 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

You owe me.
 yorkshiregrit 09 May 2009
In reply to Enty:

That area of hillside is often used by off-road motorbikes, presumably with the permission of the landowner. I can't see why mountain bikes should be a problem. If it's ok for us to cover the crags with chalk I think it's probably ok for mountain bikers to leave a few tracks on the land below.
 Enty 09 May 2009
In reply to fool:

There's another thread for the arguing.

Enty
 loz01 11 May 2009

Nice one, i'm not a biker but i really enjoyed those 3 clips; better than many of the bouldering / sport climbing clips i've seen on here.

Thanks and keep them coming!

Cheers, Loz
 Chazz 12 May 2009
Nope, watched the first two clips and failed to see how either could be submitted by an editor on a climbing website.

Of all the videos on the internet, I am incredibly surprised that the editors of this website could not link to some that contained climbing footage.

Maybe next time I log on to this website there could be something vaguely related to climbing displayed on the homepage.
 Michael Ryan 12 May 2009
In reply to Chazz:

No Chazz - we don't do climbing. Go elsewhere. No climbing here.

Cheers,

Mick
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: I'm sure I've seen clips of you climbing recently - don't deny it young man!
 simes303 12 May 2009
In reply to Enty:

You should be able to cycle anywhere you want.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...