UKC

VIDEO: FIRST LOOK: New Climbing Tech for 2024

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 05 Oct 2023

Tim Hill looks round the Association of British Climbing Walls annual get together and asks the industry's best and brightest about what's in store for the future.

Watch the video: https://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=6189
 olddirtydoggy 05 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC Videos:

These apps and kit is all very nice. Personally I'd like to see more holds on the indoor walls that replicate the kinds of holds and skills we need outdoor. Many of us only switch indoor when the weather turns and the lack of crack volumes is a real shame, especially as they are manufactured. Finger jam holds would be another good addition as this would help train outdoor technique.

Somebody replicate The File (VS 4c) indoor!

midgen 06 Oct 2023
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

> These apps and kit is all very nice. Personally I'd like to see more holds on the indoor walls that replicate the kinds of holds and skills we need outdoor. Many of us only switch indoor when the weather turns and the lack of crack volumes is a real shame, especially as they are manufactured. Finger jam holds would be another good addition as this would help train outdoor technique.

> Somebody replicate The File (VS 4c) indoor!

Would be nice to see more crack volumes indoor. My local does set the odd crack problem but invariably takes it down when they get caked in blood.

More of the nice soft-grip wideboyz volumes on vertical/steep walls please!

In reply to midgen and olddirtydoggy:

Funnily enough, we covered the Wideboyz volumes/cracks within last year's coverage: youtube.com/watch?v=C6fxIgwyxhA&t=421

wbo2 07 Oct 2023
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

> Somebody replicate ,"The File" indoor!

I agree - with solid handjams and plenty for the feet it would be nice to make indoor cracks available to the f4 climber

olddirtydoggy 07 Oct 2023
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing and wbo2:

Yes, I was chatting to the Hangar last season and suggested they buy a few with all that money they could be making, I got a smile at least.

Fishmate 07 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC Videos:

I've been using Grippy for 18 months, on and off. A motherboard was installed at the previous wall I worked at prior to end of the final lockdown. Admittedly, it does look a little spruced up in the video, compared to the version I have used.

Post edited at 20:40

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...