UKC

NEWS: Huge Inflatable Bouldering Mat Available

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 11 Nov 2007
As if there isn't enough confusion between the definitions of a boulder problem, a highball and a route; especially if the route is short and has a lead grade.

The confusion will only get worse as climbers will now be able to climb ropeless even higher with the invention of a huge inflatable bouldering pad or mattress........

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/

Bulls Crack 11 Nov 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Slightly faster than setting up a top-rope but otherwise what's the difference?
In reply to Bulls Crack:

One involves using a rope and a belayer. The other doesn't involve either.
 Al Evans 12 Nov 2007
In reply to Bulls Crack: You can't get 'tight' and stil pretend you have done the route
Sam L 12 Nov 2007
In reply to Bulls Crack:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com)
>
> Slightly faster than setting up a top-rope but otherwise what's the difference?

One makes you look like an idiot, the other one...... oh.
Sam
 Andy S 12 Nov 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: climbing will be very different in 20 years time.
timinoz 12 Nov 2007

I've got a nice big trampoline to sell if anyone is interested - fall off the crux, back at the crux, fall off the crux, back at the crux...
Great for avoiding abseil inspections too.
In reply to Bulls Crack:
>
> Slightly faster than setting up a top-rope but otherwise what's the difference?

Doubles as an aerobic warm up?
In reply to timinoz:
>
> I've got a nice big trampoline to sell if anyone is interested - fall off the crux, back at the crux, fall off the crux, back at the crux...

This, of course, ignores the damping forces of the motion due to air resistance and friction in the trampoline ... ;P

How lame am I?
 Matt 13 Nov 2007
does it come with guy ropes for the english market? - would be great if your mat blows away mid-crux
 hutchm 13 Nov 2007
In reply to Matt:

What a great product. I'm sick of having to lug my bouncy castle all the way to the crag.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...