UKC

NEWS: Rhapsody - "a wee gem for locals with nice moves"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 06 Jun 2008
With lots of interest in Rhapsody, Dave MacLeod's magnum opus at Dumbarton Rock, Dave has written what are arguably his most frank words about this route.

Recently the Canadian Sonnie Trotter and a raiding party from the South comprising of Steve McClure, James Pearson and John Dunne have all been on the route and have all made various comments, both publicly and privately, about the line, its quality and the grade of this route which has been given a hypothetical onsight grade of E11, the first time ever.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/older.html?month=06&year=2008#n44683
 JLS 06 Jun 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

>"have all made various comments, both publicly and privately"

What have any of the English party said publicly about the route?
I thought everything I've heard has been hear-say.

I suppose they might think it's fair enough not to comment publicly on a route they haven't climbed but given it's a subject of some interest to the 'climbing community' I'd have thought the climbing media might have at least thought to ask them for some comment.

So, Mick and Jack, have you asked any of them for comment with your UKC News editor hats on? A bit of UKC door-stoping is what's called for here.

Steve McClure, you read this site what have you got to say for yourself?
 Ben C 06 Jun 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Hype it's all hype and sponsorship.
 Burnsie 06 Jun 2008
In reply to Ben C:

hype whipped up by the UKC-non news machine rather than the guys on the ground....
OP Michael Ryan 06 Jun 2008
In reply to Burnsie:
> (In reply to Ben C)
>
> hype whipped up by the UKC-non news machine rather than the guys on the ground....

It's all from the ground I can assure you.

Dave has done and written, Sonnie has done and written, the boys have done and spoke.

This is of interest to many climbers.

I'm off climbing, have a good weekend.

Mick

In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Wince, wince. 'Comprising', Mick, 'comprising'. Or 'consisting of'. One or the other. You some estate agent or something?

jcm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...