UKC

NEWS: 10 Years of UKC Code Crunching For Nick Smith

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 29 Jun 2009
[Mick Ryan, Nick Smith and Alan James at the UKClimbing.com nerve centre, 3 kb]A decade of design for UKC's top-notch web developer

UKClimbing.com's web boffin Nick 'hard drinking, hard coding' Smith has been hacking away at the technical side of our website for exactly 10 years today.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=48132

Tall Clare 29 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News:

I hope you bought him a cake.
 sutty 29 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Well done to him for his innovation, and all the rest of the team as well. I expect drinks will be consumed later?
In reply to UKC News: Well done, and thanks. Easy to forget how much work goes on behind the scenes as we discuss the grade of TPS for the eleventy thousandth time, but without it we'd just have to argue with ourselves.

Keep up the good work!

T.
 Silum 29 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Excited for the video. Especially if its integrated into the logbooks like the photos are for individual climbs.
 Chris the Tall 29 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News:
Hard Drinking !!!!!!

Nonetheless, well done for creating a site that is so useful and interesting that it's ruining my life

James Moyle 29 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News: Many thanks - IMO the logbook section is a work of genius!
 Jack Geldard 29 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News: Good work Nick!

Jack
 owlart 29 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News: Well done Nick, I know how much hard work goes into things like this behind the scenes that no-one ever notices until something goes wrong! Keep up the hard work, it is really appreciated by all of us!
 Flicka 29 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Three cheers for Nick!! Hip hip hurrah! Hip hip hurrah! Hip hip hurrah!!

Nice going!
 Simon 29 Jun 2009
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> Hard Drinking !!!!!!
>
>

Maybe Orange Juice!

Congrats Nick on the milestone - keep up the good work!!

Si
 The Pylon King 29 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Yes well done, a brilliant site it sure is.

I particularly like the wildlife section in the photo galleries.
 Facewest.co.uk 30 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News: Hooray for code monkeys! Great job!

Sam
 tobyfk 30 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Congratulations Nick.

The article reminded me how long I have been posting on this site ... an worryingly long time that seems to have passed very quickly.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 30 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News:

The look, feel and usability of the site is something special - cheers Nick for all the graft.

Chris
 Sean Kelly 30 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News: Well done Nick for 10 yrs of dedication and probably grey hair. I bet you nearly gave it all up when the entire site crashed a while back?
 sutty 30 Jun 2009
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Grey hair, it was sort of orange or something last time I saw it.
 Bob Kemp 30 Jun 2009
In reply to Chris Craggs:
I'd agree - this is one of the most usable and useful forum designs on the web, and much better to look at than most. Excellent job Nick!
 John_Hat 30 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Congrats for all the good work..
 DrGav 30 Jun 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Fantastic job Nick.

The logbooks works like a dream. Love the integration with google maps. Brilliant for planning roadtrips.

Bring us more!

Cheers
Gavin
 Paz 01 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Nick. You've done an awfully great service to climbing, that transcends the normal "Oh you've done a great route well done, oh you've wrote a topo, thanks here's a fiver for it". You've paved the way for a new medium that works and that all parts of the community use.
 Yanis Nayu 03 Jul 2009
In reply to UKC News: Well done. I love the forum and the logbook.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...