UKC

NEWS: La Dura Dura 9b+, Adam Ondra and Chris Sharma - FULL MOVIE

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Mar 2014
Chris Sharma on La Dura Dura 9b+, 4 kbWatch Adam Ondra and Chris Sharma's journey to success on the world's hardest sport route.

"Chris Sharma and Adam Ondra spent two years working together to climb La Dura Dura (9b+), the world's hardest climb. This film tells the story of their unique collaboration and shows Adam's historic first ascent and Chris' second ascent."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68809

In reply to UKC News:
'The route is considered to be the hardest sport climb on the planet'.

Is it now? I thought Ondra said he'd found Change harder. He's the only person who might know, I'd have thought.

To say nothing of Vasil Vasil. I don't know what AO has said about that.

jcm
Post edited at 17:12
 Jack Geldard 26 Mar 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

From the UKC report on Dura Dura FA:

...And Adam also explained why it is harder than The Change:

"If I compare it to Change I think La Dura Dura is harder, but still 9b+. Change really suits my style of climbing, the crux has some moves where you need to be really flexible and it seems to have been naturally made specifically for me. I know it might sound strange, but La Dura Dura has more straightforward climbing, but you really need to get everything wired 100%. I needed about 5 weeks for Change, and 9 weeks for La Dura Dura. I'd say that for me La Dura Dura is a better achievement because it fits my style less."

Thanks,

Jack
 papashango 26 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

incredible!
In reply to Jack Geldard - UKC Chief Editor:

I stand corrected. Though didn't he say something which suggested he thought this was a view for him personally and he wouldn't be surprised if the majority opinion was the other way? Or something.

jcm

Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 26 Mar 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

I wonder how many years it will take for the grades of La Dura Dura and Change to 'settle down' into something we would consider today to be a 'consensus' grade?

It seems a remarkable prospect, but of course it will happen!
 Jiduvah 26 Mar 2014
In reply to Neil Foster:

It would be interesting as Ondra especially considering how Ondra grades climbs.

In reply to All:

It's awesome that this video is free. I would suspect people would have paid for it.

It's really great to see Sharma to climb a grade harder. He seems to learn from every experience.
 1poundSOCKS 26 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News: I wonder who'll grab the third ascent, and when.

ashtond6 26 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

I normally don't find sport climbing videos interesting, but that was incredible!!!
 Puppythedog 26 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Just watched it on the tele (posh me, I have youtube through the freest box), wow and I'm not sure I've heard Chris shouting and screaming like Adam before.
Dom Bush 27 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

God bless the shouty men. Ondra must get a crackin sore throat.
 climbercool 27 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

awesome video with incredile climbers, so inspirational. I think they are both cracking characters and it's fascinating to see their contrasting personalities together. But what is with all that screaming, the extent to which ondra screams in some sequences must surely detract from performance. if your trying to breathe evenly and preserve energy screaming full pelt at every move is gonna really take it out of you. I imagine it gives them some kind of psychological boost, but I cant help feeling they would be better of trying something else. Than again who the hell am i too tell these guys how to climb, probably i'm missing something.
Ben

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...