UKC

Favourite grit HVS routes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Of course there are hundreds of great routes at this grade, but what are your favourites?

I've only just started leading HVS again, but the handful I have managed have been brilliant fun - Plexity, Bond St, Cave Arete, Goliath's Groove, Tower Face & Saul's Crack.
Chris Tan.Clone 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

Queersville!
 Al Evans 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: On quarried grit I couldnt possibly narrow it down to less than 10.
Natural grit:-
The Link
Queersville
Rt Unconquerable
 VS4b 11 Aug 2006

three pebble slab
 Al Evans 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Chris Tan.Clone: Queersville is, or at least was understarred isnt it!
 Al Evans 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Forgot Suicide Wall at Cratcliffe.
galpinos@work 11 Aug 2006

I think chequers buttress needs a mention. Low in the grade but fantastic position on the big flattie at the arete.

Isn't the Link E1 now Al.....

Just did Demon Wall at Almscliffe at the weekend. That was pretty good (though would be beaten by Geart Westen and Overhanging Groove I reckon, they're on the "to do" list.

Nick, how could you??! You know what happens when you say things like "Plexity is a great HVS" !!!

I would put:

Chequers Crack
Dexterity
Right Fin
Fate
Right Unconquerable

I love them because they're either harder than they look, or easier than they look!
 Al Evans 11 Aug 2006
In reply to galpinos@work: If the Link is E1 its a very soft touch!
In reply to Tom Randall - Lattice Training: But you are the only person in existance who doesn't like Plexity!
 NIGBEE 11 Aug 2006

Having only lead a handful I would say all that I have done were my favourites but the top three would be

Rubberneck
Sauls Crack
The Sloth

Mainly because I was scared to bits before starting them and most surprised to get up them in one piece

Seem to have dropped out of the HVS grade through lack of climbing recently

bluebrad 11 Aug 2006

Will be watching this thread with interest...

Only done the two at that grade but love them both - Meringue at Lawrencefield and Tody's Wall at Froggat - Right Unconquerable I have seconded and it is on my hitlist to lead along with the Peapod further down the crag.

bluebrad
 Mick Ward 11 Aug 2006

HVS is a fantastic grade on grit. Enjoy 'em all!

Mick
 AJM 11 Aug 2006
In reply to bluebrad:
> Right Unconquerable I have seconded and it is on my hitlist to lead along with the Peapod further down the crag.

Ummm....... are you sure you have your names right? They aren't on the same crag..........

AJM
 Skyfall 11 Aug 2006

Would also recommend Chequers Buttress.

Fina at Stanage is technical and packs it in for a short route (three hard cruxes in about 8 or 10m of climbing).
 JonBray 11 Aug 2006

Great Portland Street at Millstone
 Al Evans 11 Aug 2006
> (In reply to TomPR) But you are the only person in existance who doesn't like Plexity!

Plexity is one of the great quarried grit HVS's, and the first time you do it you really suspect its going to be E1.
 JimR 11 Aug 2006

I was going to say Billingsgate but see its been upgraded to E1.
 Al Evans 11 Aug 2006
In reply to bluebrad: )Oooooooh, forgot Peapod, one of my very faves.
 Al Evans 11 Aug 2006
In reply to bluebrad:
> (In reply to Nick Smith - UKC)
>
> Will be watching this thread with interest...
>
> Only done the two at that grade but love them both - Meringue at Lawrencefield and Tody's Wall at Froggat - Right Unconquerable I have seconded and it is on my hitlist to lead along with the Peapod further down the crag.
>
> bluebrad
Errr Peapod is not further down the crag from RC, its on Curbar!

Marc C 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Hypothesis at The Roaches is a fine route (doesn't seem to get mentioned much).
 Al Evans 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Al Evans: Sorry that should have been RU.
 Jon Greengrass 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: I haven't done a bad one yet, start at one end of a crag and do them all!
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Knoghts Move at Burbage North, still my first and only HVS lead
In reply to Al Evans:

Yeah, Peapod is flippin amazing. So many different techniques needed in a short route. Hard at the grade as well!
 bluebrad 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Al Evans:
> (In reply to bluebrad)
> [...]
> Errr Peapod is not further down the crag from RC, its on Curbar!

Whoops bit of a mad one last night has caused even more confusion in my tiny little brain than normal... 8-) The climb that I meant was Avalanche Wall (and here is the photo of Nick leading it who I seconded).

bluebrad
 Mike Hammill 11 Aug 2006
Opus, Virgin and Gypsy all at Almscliff, all classic HVS 5c's.
Mike H
 bluebrad 11 Aug 2006
 Pythonist 11 Aug 2006
If you're getting back into HVSs, Froggatt's the place to be:
Chequer's Buttress has to be the greatest of all HVSs...
And ticking Tody's Wall and Sunset Slab on the same day just makes sense.

... then do TPS to make yourself feel even better!
 MeMeMe 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Al Evans:

Calling it RC makes it sound a bit easier though!
 Ram MkiV 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: My First: Overhanging Groove. Perfect route.
 Fiend 11 Aug 2006

Great Crack, Dukes Quarry
Dawn, Wilton 1
Central Crack, Wilton 2
End Of Time, Denham
East Rib, Shining Clough
Pisa Super Direct, Shining Clough
Prelude To Space, Roaches Skyline
Baldstone's Arete, Baldstones

All excellent, apart from End Of Time which is perhaps merely great.
 Chris the Tall 11 Aug 2006
A few crackers that no one seems to have mentioned yet :
Great North Road (definitely a contender for the country's best single pitch HVS)
Croton Oil & Blizzard Ridge
Old Salt
All the HVSs on Rusty Wall
 Marc C 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Fiend: Prelude to Space is a fine route - THAT move always feels quite serious!
 Lizard 11 Aug 2006
> the handful I have managed have been brilliant fun - Goliath's Groove

Just a quick hijack to let anyone who saw my performance attempting Goliaths Groove last Saturday know that I am also available for kids bithday partys.
In reply to Fiend: Cool. I've never even been to those crags, let alone done any of those routes!
 gear boy 11 Aug 2006
suicide wall cratcliffe
great western almscliff
sloth roaches
rabbits paw wall caley
 SARS 11 Aug 2006

The Rainmaker. Dunno why.
In reply to Lizard:
> Just a quick hijack to let anyone who saw my performance attempting Goliaths Groove last Saturday know that I am also available for kids bithday partys.

So which approach did you use? I went for the proven one-leg-in-the-crack-and-desperately-thrutch!
 Lizard 11 Aug 2006
Yep- I used that approach but it failed. I've never been broken by a climb before- I've been hobbling all week!
In reply to Lizard:

I think I saw you

I tried it later and laybacked the first bit, not a fan of thrutching. Still not sure of the best method.
 Chris the Tall 11 Aug 2006
> (In reply to Lizard)
> [...]
>
> So which approach did you use? I went for the proven one-leg-in-the-crack-and-desperately-thrutch!

I have such an aversion to foot-jamming that I tried to bridge my way. Seemed to be working, right up to the point where I fell off

Skyfall 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Lizard:
> Yep- I used that approach but it failed. I've never been broken by a climb before- I've been hobbling all week!

Funnily enough that start put my climbing partner out of action for a while and he is most definitely not easily broken!
 Alun 11 Aug 2006
Chequers Buttress is one of the finest routes in Britain, despite the fact that it's only a few metres high, on on such an inferior rock as gritstone ;P

On a less positive note, I was thoroughly underwhelmed by Right Unconquerable. Compelling line, great history, but other than the last move, really quite boring climbing (though, of course, many disagree).
In reply to Alun: I'll never forget seeing a guy fall the full length of RU, stripping his top gear and ending up upside down - his head only inches from the ground on rope-stretch Terrifying.
 Alun 11 Aug 2006
> Terrifying

Sounds it!
 Marek 11 Aug 2006
For the connoisseur of the obscure, I would recommend (from recent experience) a couple at Baldstones:
Baldstone Arete - HVS 4c and
Goldsitch Crack - HVS 4c.

A taste of both can be seem at http://www.zenadsl6044.zen.co.uk/Baldstones/Main.htm
Sorry its a link to non-UKC pictures, but uploading is a bit too slow for a quick post.

Marek
 Mick Ward 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Alun:

Have cams tamed it? Placing a rattly hex behind the first lovely section of flake (now sadly deceased) and going for it, sans protection, until just before the top, was what RU meant for many. A race against time and a classic test of bottle (at the grade).

Mick
 Marc C 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Mick Ward: First, Nick's tale of someone nearly decking, now you and your 'test of bottle' comment... and I *was* all set to have a go at RU in September
Scouse D 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Suicide wall for me every time. Varied, continuously interesting and tough.

Great North Road - probably the best, sustained brilliance. (Great Portland Street felt very disjointed by comparison).

Right Unconquerable - almost over too quickly, though I guess that's the point: the lengthy psyche-up... then the sprint.

Congo Corner - after the initial crack is rather pleasant.

Saul's Crack and Mantis, Roaches - a contrasting twosome, I found the former desperately thrutchy, the latter whilst not classic is a really pleasant micro-route.

Demon Wall and Great Western (RH finish), Almscliff - good climbing with DW always having a proper sense of forboding for me (until I did it) due to the number of failed / desperate onsights it seems to attract.

Angel Wall, Caley - top microroute with great thank-f**k jugs

Mind you, I would probably rate my two favourite single pitch HVS's (aside from Great North Road maybe) as being in "the county": Main Wall at Great Wanney (5b and just keeps coming with at least 3 "cruxes") and Crystal at Crag Lough (long and interesting with an almost "mountain feel").
 Fiend 11 Aug 2006
In reply to thebigfriendlymoose:

> Mind you, I would probably rate my two favourite single pitch HVS's (aside from Great North Road maybe) as being in "the county": Main Wall at Great Wanney (5b and just keeps coming with at least 3 "cruxes") and Crystal at Crag Lough (long and interesting with an almost "mountain feel").

*Nods* The man has taste.
 spacey 11 Aug 2006

Pisa Super Direct and East Rib at Shining Clough are both absolute beauties.
Sperm 11 Aug 2006
> (In reply to Alun) I'll never forget seeing a guy fall the full length of RU, stripping his top gear and ending up upside down - his head only inches from the ground on rope-stretch Terrifying.

Hi Nick,

I did exactly the same thing on Avalanche Wall on Curbur. It was very early on and I think my 5th lead ever. My boyish ego and testosterone coupled with my lack of experience almost finished me off! I was just trying to get established in the sentry box when I fell off and stripped 2 out of the 3 bits of gear I put in. I ended up upside down being able to touch the ground with my hand.
Just to add to the OP.
Ozymandias (sp) Stanage
BAWs Crawl for entertainment, Stanage
Little Unconquerable, a lot of effort for length ( easier in big boots ) again Stanage.

Cheers,

Kev.

David L 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Mike Hammill:
> > Opus, Virgin and Gypsy all at Almscliff, all classic HVS 5c's.
> Mike H

You missed Western Front and Black Wall Eliminate from your list (or perhaps BWE was only VS in those days?)

Chris Fryer 11 Aug 2006
In reply to thebigfriendlymoose: One of my finest afer work evenings on grit was onsight soloing Angel's Wall, Rabbit Paw Wall and Permutation Rib, in pre mat days. Had a bit of a wobbler on PR, in fading light, see it gets E1 now.

HVS os the grade when Almscliff routes start getting really good.
 Jon Greengrass 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Marek: Goldstitch crack looks awesome, how can an off-width that steep be only HVS?
 Si dH 11 Aug 2006
Suicide Wall, Cratcliffe
Jester Cracks and Legacy, Kinder North
The Sloth and Saul's Crack, Roaches
Queersville, Whillans Pendulum/Black Magic, Right Hand Tower, loads of others, Stanage
Valkyrie, Sunset Slab, Froggatt (I dont really rate 3ps personally but it is hvs)
Gt Portland Street, Great North Road, Lyons Corner House, Millstone
And loads more. There are so many great grit HVSs. I think my favorite was probably Jester Cracks but more because of the unbelievable pump and feeling on topping out - a very personal choice. I think the bets routes in that list are probably Suicide Wall ,Gt Portland St, Valkyrie and WP/BM for me.

Si dH 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Fiend:
Central Cracks is at Wilton 3, not 2. Ive only seconded it a long time ago but, yes, I rememebr it as a very good route, one I want to go back to. Maybe not quite the same class as somethign liek Suicide Wall though.
 sandy 11 Aug 2006
Priscilla Ridge Laddow, E1 on the Rockfax Database, but more like HVS I think. Great location, top moves and position, and the gear is there when you need it.....

Andy
 Si dH 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Si dH:
Oh and add Ivory Tower t othe Kidner list, alhtough its on the southern side.
 El Greyo 11 Aug 2006
The Twisted Smile on Kinder North was one of the most enjoyable routes I've done on grit I reckon.

Others that I have fond memories of are

Mort Wall, Chatsworth (one of my first, perhaps it's not that good really?)
Blizzard Ridge, Rivelin
Roof Route, Rivelin (more for the satisfaction of seeing people flounder probably)
Congo Corner, Stanage
Chequers Crack and Buttress
Great Western
Right Unconquerable
3 Pebble Slab

I think I could go on an on, natural grit is so good for HVS.

hutchm 11 Aug 2006
In reply to David L:
> (In reply to Mike Hammill)
> [...]
>
> You missed Western Front and Black Wall Eliminate from your list (or perhaps BWE was only VS in those days?)

Western Front - E3 5c?
 Al Evans 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Si dH: Nobody has mentioned Tower Face, another favourite. At the other end, Surgeons Saunter.
Clif wichard 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Great Crack, Dukes Quarry, Whatstandwell. In good condition, absolutely without question the most enjoyable 3* HVS in the peak and knocks spots off alot of the traditionaly rated 3* HVS (IMHO). Bit slippy at the start but full on all the way to the top.
 Fiend 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Clif wichard:

Absolutely!

In fact, after the heatwave and recent fresh spell, it should be in perfect condition - any HVS leader who is climbing in the Peaks this weekend and doesn't go and do it should have electric shock therapy :P.
 Alun 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Mick Ward:
> Have cams tamed it?

Hmm. With a rack of cams there is gear pretty much every move - perhaps this has taken something away from the experience.
 Si dH 11 Aug 2006
A post of offwidths on anohter thread has reminded me - Bachelor's Left HAnd at Hen Cloud is possibly the best HVS on grit. Absolutely outstanding.
 Matt Rees 11 Aug 2006

Hardings Super Direct Finish
 Offwidth 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Si dH:

Delstree and Hen Cloud Eliminate are not far behind. Another one not mentioned yet is Great Crack in Dukes Quarry.

My personnal favourite is Suicide Wall and there are not so many left that might knock it off its pedestal (Great Western being one still on my to do list).
 Fiend 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Offwidth:

> Another one not mentioned yet is Great Crack in Dukes Quarry.

Only mentioned twice so far, including a whole post dedicated to it's glory! :P
hughof77 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: I'm sure that was me, about Nov last year? A girl was belaying who shot up a few feet! Didn't lead anything for about 3 months after that.
Derbyshire Ben 11 Aug 2006

>In reply to Alun: I'll never forget seeing a guy fall the full length of RU, stripping his top gear and ending up upside down - his head only inches from the ground on rope-stretch Terrifying.

This wasn't in 1992 by any chance? If so, that was me - I got back on it and did the same thing again...
 Offwidth 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Fiend: Doh!
 bluebrad 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Derbyshire Ben:

> This wasn't in 1992 by any chance? If so, that was me - I got back on it and did the same thing again...

What happened after that? Did you have a third go and succeed or give it up for the day and go to the pub.

bluebrad
In reply to hughof77 and Derbyshire Ben: Neither of you - I think it was around 2001/2. So that makes at least 3 lemmings who have fallen the full length of that route!
Derbyshire Ben 11 Aug 2006
In reply to bluebrad:

>Did you have a third go and succeed

Yeah, but only just...

Top (Peak) grit HVS from me that immediately spring to mind.

Suicide Wall - THE best peak HVS
Rubberneck
Bond Street
Crescent Arete
 Marek 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Jon Greengrass:
> (In reply to Marek) Goldstitch crack looks awesome, how can an off-width that steep be only HVS?

Whether its an off-width really depends on one's "rotundity". For the reasonably slim, it more of a bottomless squeeze chimney. So that's OK then. Its also well protected with a sling round a deep chockstone. If you can reach it.

The 4c is certainly a mystery. Perhaps we should put it down as the grade standard for 4c marginally off-width overhanging squeeze chimneys.

Good sandbag for indoor wall climbers, though.

Marek
 jamiev 11 Aug 2006

Another vote for Sloth & Great North Road
 Neil Ireson 11 Aug 2006

I was at Hen Cloud the other weekend and did Delstree, Bachelor's Left-hand and Hen Cloud Eliminate (I know this gets E1 but it's not really harder than the other two and is well protected). All of them are superb.

If you have any arms left you could stop off at Cratcliffe on the way home and do Suicide Wall, which competes with Bachelor's Left-hand for my favourite grit route of any grade.

In reply to Neil Ireson: Yes, I did Delstree, Bachelor's Left-hand and Hen Cloud Eliminate a few years ago - Bachelor's Left-hand is a brilliant route, one of my favourites. I did the VS version Bachelor's Climb earlier this week and it's also brilliant.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned The Trident at Wimberry - superb!
grahamt 11 Aug 2006
Lordy. Oh so many.
Todys wall
Chequers Buttress
Great North Road Plexity
Great Portland Street
Queersville
Eliminator
Cave arete
Peapod (about to go and do it again in an hour or so)
Sorells sorrow

More more more

And that's just Eastern grit...
 Al Evans 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: I note that in the Rockfax guide Queersville finally gets 3 stars, wonder why it took so long?
 John2 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Al Evans: Neb Buttress at Bamford is a nice route too, though not as good as many of those mentioned above.
 Smelly Fox 11 Aug 2006

Valkyrie Direct - The Roaches
Rubberneck - Five Clouds
Mantis - Roaches Skyline
The Dalesman - Stanage High Neb
 Sean_J 11 Aug 2006
In reply to hutchm: Nah; nothing at the 'cliff is actually harder than HVS, thought everyone knew that.
 Offwidth 11 Aug 2006
In reply to Smelly Fox:

I failed on The Daleman when I tried..mind you I'd mistaken the crux traverse for part of the High Neb Girdle and it seemed a bit silly for a severe.
 Smelly Fox 12 Aug 2006
In reply to Offwidth:
The pumpiest severe in the world!!! Hard luck.
 SecretSquirrel 13 Aug 2006
From my limited experience of HVS, I reckon The Chant at Burbage North is my favourite so far.
Technical & balancy with precarious moves at the top, especailly since I was too short to reach the side-pull below the top without stepping my feet up onto some fairly marginal ledges. Really enjoyed the moves though and felt pretty good about a clean onsight.
:0)
 Andy Cloquet 13 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Like everyone else my contribution can only be based on my limited range of experience but I offer;

Great Western (Almscliff)
Mandrake (Borrowdale)
Storm (Glen Nevis)
The Pause (Glen Etive)
Centurion (Ben Nevis)
In reply to Andy Cloquet: Amazing! I've been ignoring the Lakes & Scotland all these years because I thought there was no gritstone, but now I know, I'll have to arrange a trip ;P

grin
 Norrie Muir 13 Aug 2006
> (In reply to Andy Cloquet) Amazing! I've been ignoring the Lakes & Scotland all these years because I thought there was no gritstone, but now I know, I'll have to arrange a trip ;P
>
Dear Nick

I was waiting for such a comment. Centurion on Ben Nevis must be my favourite grit HVS, as I've done it 5 times.

Norrie
 mark reeves Global Crag Moderator 13 Aug 2006
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: FBD. It was the only good *** HVS at Stanage
 chrishamper 14 Aug 2006
> (In reply to Nick Smith - UKC)
> Opus, Virgin and Gypsy all at Almscliff, all classic HVS 5c's.
> Mike H

Nice one Mike, good to see someone is holding up the good old Yorkshire grading ethic.
How about Recttum Rift, that was HVS wan't it.
Which yorkshire HVS has been upgraded most?
 alj 14 Aug 2006

Anything on a slab!

I've discovered after a week of climbing in the Peak and North Wales that I most definitely am NOT an HVS climber when it comes to anything vertical or (god forbid) overhanging.

I was well and truely beaten by Chequers Buttress on Saturday. I am weak - I need hands free rests!!

Have to say I loved Right Hand Twin (Bamford?)
Also quite taken by 3 pebble slab and 2 sided triangle.

Aspire to the Peapod (that well known slab climb!!)

I shall read this thread with interest when I'm not in the office and build a nice little tick list!!
 jkarran 14 Aug 2006
In reply to chrishamper:

> Which yorkshire HVS has been upgraded most?

Is it Propeller Wall, Ilkley - Went from VS to HVS in the Leeds uni book. Now E5!

Might have the route name wrong.

As for the best grit HVS:
Zoom, Slipstones
Overhanging Groove, Almscliff

Memory fails me, it's been too long

jk

Wilbur 14 Aug 2006

I've only done 3 but Tody's wall was quality.

Chequers Buttress, Knights Move and anything at Millstone are on the list..
 DannyC 14 Aug 2006

led three pebble slab and chequer's buttress this afternoon. both fantastic hvs climbs but don't beat great north road for me. GNR-the best hvs climb i've done on grit. (not a touch on gynocrat, lower cove, mournes, NI though!)

queersville is awesome as are blizzard ridge and croton oil. brook's crack at burb south is a cracker too. so many awesome hvs's on eastern grit. ain't donoe much on western so dunno many down there yet.
 Crofty 15 Aug 2006
In reply to chrishamper: After Eight at Rylstone was originally soloed and given HVS. It is now E4 6a!
 David L 16 Aug 2006
In reply to hutchm:
> (In reply to David L)
> [...]
>
> Western Front - E3 5c?

Er...I think you missed the point. Check your history!

Mike Hammill 16 Aug 2006
In reply to David L: BWL: ungradable, in the good old days you either solo'd it and found it about vs or just couldn't do it. Mind you Syrett lobbed off the top crack once and went up to his thighs in the mud below - had to get hosed down by the farmer. I recall this happened to several people.
MH
 Mike Hammill 16 Aug 2006
In reply to chrishamper: Hi Chris,
Lots of routes have been upgraded unjustifiably. I used to reckon that if I solo'd something on sight it couldn't possibly be harder than HVS on the grounds that I would never solo Valkyrie at Froggat or Peapod or any other of the major HVS routes. Rectum Rift could only be regarded as HVS after the good pebble broke off -there appears to be good gear in the final break now too!
All the best,
Mike
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: I climbed The Peapod yesterday - it was brilliant!!
 Skyfall 16 Aug 2006

did you pop out at the top like a pea from a ...
Geoff Odds 16 Aug 2006
In reply to JimR:
Say Billinsgate it is HVS not E1 no matter what the guide says.
Geoff Odds 16 Aug 2006
I couldn't agree more. It seems that routes get upgraded even though protection has improved as have climbing shoes so surely it should be the other way?

Best HVS on Grit? I'm not sure it's the best but it's my favourite, Chequers Buttress
 Ian McNeill 16 Aug 2006
Great Western at Amlscliff has to be the best I have done
 David L 17 Aug 2006
> Mind you Syrett lobbed off the top crack once and went up to his thighs in the mud below - had to get hosed down by the farmer

Yeuch! It's not just mud in that hole. I suppose it's better than a broken leg though...
Sharket 17 Aug 2006

i've only ever done 1 and it was as second but it was great fun

pebble dash at the roaches...

jolly good show
 Charadin 17 Aug 2006

More of a micro-route than anything but Angels Wall at Caley is great fun.
 Offwidth 17 Aug 2006
In reply to Geoff Odds:

We'll have to disagree about Billingsgate: very bold with obvious runner placements which are no longer entirely trustworthy. Your favourite Chequers Buttress is over a grade easier in my opinion.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...