UKC

VIDEO: Nicolas Favresse climbs Recovery Drink

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 Jan 2015
Nico Favresse on Recovery Drink at Jøssingfjord, 3 kbBack in May 2013, after five weeks of works spread over two trips, Nicolas Favresse made the first ascent of Recovery Drink, 8HARD, at Jøssingfjord in southern Norway, now, finally, there is a video.
Regarding the difficulty of this magnificent steep crack line, Nicolas simply states it's the...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69470
 Lord_ash2000 28 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

"It went through, like a little orgasm" Classic
 Kemics 28 Jan 2015
In reply to Lord_ash2000:

I loved the philosophical monologue about not using tick marks or photoshop to live a better life

Amazing video!
 Michael Ryan 28 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

joyful
 Skyfall 28 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Someone who would make a good role model for youngsters.

Nice vid, looks nails, and a nice way to chill whilst eating a sandwich (no fresh fish in the office unfortunately).
Post edited at 13:26
 AMorris 28 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

that was great! what a guy, I think he may have been drunk/stoned when he made that little monologue but it was interesting nonetheless
 Dr_C 28 Jan 2015
In reply to Kemics:

Amazing indeed.

He's clearly an advocate of the Cantona Metaphysical School of Philosophy.
 ericinbristol 28 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent video. What a dull name for such a lovely route though.
In reply to UKC News:
Warren Harding is reincarnated & climbing in Norway.
 Guy Atkinson 29 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Looks like an awesome route! Shame about the really boring name...
 jsmcfarland 30 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

What a legend. Love watching him and his crazy mates, not only do they do all climb super hard stuff in the middle of nowhere, they are funny as hell and very entertaining. This guy deserves 200k followers on FB, not that other person who shall not be named :P
 jon 30 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Great film and great looking route. But what a crap name, and worse, that tedious bloody music that accompanies all his videos. Reminded me of this: http://twitchy.com/2014/10/24/tweet-exposes-plight-of-cats-trapped-in-folk-...
 Michael Gordon 30 Jan 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Stunning route and good music too!
 chrishedgehog 30 Jan 2015
In reply to jon:

Any European who has made it their business to onsight E6+ on Cloggy has a lot going for them in my book but you do have to enjoy all his brilliant films and achievements with the sound off!
 Robert Durran 30 Jan 2015
In reply to Kemics:

> I loved the philosophical monologue about not using tick marks or photoshop to live a better life

I assumed that was all very tongue in cheek.

Didn't notice the music, so it must have been well chosen.

Great film, great looking route, dreadful name.
 Speed Reed 31 Jan 2015
In reply to jon:

Your opinion about the music is tedious. It actually suits the film perfectly in my very humble opinion.You obviously have a very limited and narrow appreciation of music and you just don't get it.
 jon 31 Jan 2015
In reply to Speed Reed:
Apparently I can't have an opinion unless it's a glowing fawning endorsement of the film? No, it's you that doesn't get it (my comment). I don't dislike the music as such. Simply that in every film I've seen of this team they always end up playing the same stuff around a camp fire. The tedious part is the sheer predictability of it.
Post edited at 10:24
In reply to jon:

I'd imagined, possibly naively, that the name referred to whisky, or some such substance, rather than anything isotonic. Made it seem better in my head, anyway.

Enjoyable video, anyway. Funny how philosophical semi-pretentious stuff sounds better in French.

jcm
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

I thought, like many others, that the name was a bit naff when I first heard it. But when I actually spoke to Nico about it for an interview I realised that it wasn't so simple. It's always easy to judge people from a distance but sometimes the stories underneath are more genuine that we realise.

Here's his thoughts:

“Why do we always need a grade? Somehow putting a grade on this route felt like it would reduce what this climb meant to me. So here, with this route is not a grade, but rather The Recovery Drink.”

benw681 03 Feb 2015
In reply to UKC News:
What a legend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...