/ NEWS: UKC/UKH 2019 Readership Survey is LIVE

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
UKC/UKH News 29 Nov 2019
Since 2010 UKC/UKH have carried out a readership survey every three years and it is now time for a new one. To help improve UKC/UKH we need to know all about you: what activities you do, what sort of gear you buy and what you think about us. In return we're able to offer a wide selection of prizes, courtesy of the many brands that work with us on site.

Read more
BrendanO 01 Dec 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

Very minor thing, but having just filled it in:

foreign climbing trips - options are never, yearly, 2-4 times a year, ...

- I would have thought lots of folk go abroad climbing but maybe not every year. I'm in that bracket, maybe 3 out of 5 years I go Spain/Tenerife/Mallorca  (er, that's Spain then). I'd go more often, but dont earn lots and my wife doesnt climb, so I have to share between climbing and nonclimbing hols abroad - not a bad problem to have!!!

jbrom 01 Dec 2019
In reply to BrendanO:

I'm in a similar position. I went with yearly in the end as I do climb abroad, so never would have been less accurate than yearly.

JB 01 Dec 2019

Couldn't see an option to select fact I live in N. Ireland (was only Scotland, Wales, Ireland, England etc)

In reply to JB:

I believe our Developer was looking into this earlier today, partly as a result of this, and partly because you could - in some strange circumstances - select Awesome Walls Sheffield as your country of residence.

Hopefully this has now been sorted.

In reply to JB:

Hi JB,

The Ireland under the UK heading at the top would be the right choice but I've changed the wording on this to actually say Northern Ireland instead of just Ireland. Sorry for the confusion.

Toerag 02 Dec 2019

I've filled in the UKH version, and now it won't let me fill in the UKC version because it tells me I've already done it :-/.

Who decides on the list of manufacturers we've bought gear from? Would it be an idea to add a box for people to submit manufacturers so they can be included in future surveys. For example, I know many people have LEDLenser headtorches these days but they're not in the list.

yorkshire_lad2 02 Dec 2019

Just completed.  Would have liked "prefer not to answer" on some of the personal questions.

Paul Sagar 02 Dec 2019

Out of interest, will you make the results public or keep it confidential (understand if the latter; market sensitivity etc).

Just wondering, as would be curious to see the results.

Misha 04 Dec 2019
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

> you could - in some strange circumstances - select Awesome Walls Sheffield as your country of residence.

Surely not that strange and fairly accurate for some?

In reply to Paul Sagar:

Yeah, it'll take a while to process all the results but we will post something like this from the last survey https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/surveys/ukc_readership_survey_results-5555

In reply to Toerag:

Sorry about that, it does says you can only fill in one survey on the intro.

Good point on the brands. I'll make a note to add an Other entry for next time.

Mark Collins 04 Dec 2019

Before I start, is there included any way to opt out of the prizes please?

Simon Caldwell 04 Dec 2019
In reply to Mark Collins:

After you submit the survey there's a contact details page for the prize draw with an "enter draw" option

In reply to Mark Collins:

If you answer enough questions you automatically get entered into the prize draw but consider your message here an opt-out.

The address at the end just makes sure the address on your user account is up to date for the prize send: https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/edit.php#address

Mark Collins 04 Dec 2019
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Thanks both.

AlH 18:17 Thu

A wee point; it hasn't been MCofS for quite while now (Mountaineering Scotland or MScot if you will).

Dave Wills 20:55 Thu

10. Have you ever been on an organised tour or expedition.

I read this as being a commercially organised trips - am I wrong ?

so what about your own expeditions ?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.