Climbing inspiration, supported by you

Climbing inspiration, supported by you

Please help UKClimbing continue to provide varied and free content by becoming an official UKC Supporter. You can show your support in one of two ways; both come with rewards, and one includes discounted products from Rockfax.

Please help UKClimbing continue to provide varied and free content by becoming an official UKC Supporter. You can show your support in one of two ways; both come with rewards, and one includes discounted products from Rockfax.

Loading Notifications...

UKC Logbook Moderator's Thread

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Please use this thread to post moderating requests, problem crags and suggestions. If you do post about a crag then please use the Logbooks 'Insert crag link...' box above the reply box so that a link is included which makes things lot easier to sort than if just a crag name is written.

Existing Moderators
If you moderate a crag but find yourself ignoring the update emails, or you have lost interest, or you have moved away then please could you remove yourself as moderator using the button at the base of the crag moderation page. Then reply to this thread with 'Crag Available' and the crag link inserted so that someone else can volunteer.

New Moderators
If you would like to moderate a crag, and feel you could do a better job than the current moderator, then reply to this thread with 'Crag Requested', the crag name and link so that we can arrange a switch if appropriate. We can now add second moderators to crags as well.

Thanks for everyone's help with UKC Logbook moderating. We are aware that this is sometimes a tiresome task and all your efforts are appreciated.

The previous UKC Moderator threads have got too big and has now been locked. Here it is for reference

1. https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rockfax/moderator_amnesty_2016-602132
  2. https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/rockfax/ukc_logbook_moderators_thread-662535
 rlrs 28 Jan 2020
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Time to tidy up the Swiss guidebooks.  There are three entries for the current Schweiz plaisir Jura 2017.

Please keep this one (index 1875), which I have just updated with the relevant info from the other two entries, and which has the links to the crags (some of them anyway, next job...):

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/books/schweiz_plaisir_jura-1875

These two you can delete:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/books/schweiz_plaisir_jura-2110

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/books/plasir_jura-2111

...and there is the original edition from 1997, which you could rename to the correct "Schweiz Plaisir Jura", to be in line with all the other editions:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/books/jura_plaisir-1584

Thanks!

In reply to rlrs:

Sorted, thanks.

rlrs 02 Feb 2020

In the immediate post-Brexit era, and on the day of a humbling defeat of Les Rosbifs by Les Bleus, let us act in the fullest respect of our dear neighbour: there is an error in the spelling of the area "Aln" which should be "Ain", see e.g.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ain

(There are nine crags in this area, e.g.: Cerdon)

In reply to rlrs:

Thanks, that's updated.

Andy Moles 03 Mar 2020

No match for crag id:11498 should be combined with Ciste Crag, keeping the latter name.

Among the many locals I've heard make reference to the crag, it's called 'Cranberry Rocks' by no one.

In reply to Andy Moles:

That's done.

Graeme Hammond 04 Mar 2020

Back Forest

this crag should be split up again to reflect the access issues at The Hanging Stone unless anyone else has more recent information. As you currently can only link to 1 BMC rad link the info about this is not shown. See https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/View.aspx?id=634 we got asked to leave in May 2018, it is a strange situation as there is often people picnicking on the top and a concessionary path right under the crag where you belay.

Haydn Jones 05 Mar 2020

Albarracin

In my opinion albarracin should be split into its sectors. It's a bit too unwieldy at the moment and it feels like being the moderator for and area the size of eastern grit.

Bezas should be done too before it gets a hassle. Its not that bad yet as not many people go but with the new guide out it's going to become just as popular and its size is just as vast as albarracin.

rlrs 09 Mar 2020

Let's rename this crag in Muotathal:

Zwingsbrügg

to "Zwingsbrügg"

If the normal grading standards of Central Switzerland apply, quite possibly home to the hardest 9a in the world.

(Credit to the creator of the crag for not putting it in the Kanton Aargau area!)

In reply to rlrs:

Done

Andy Moles 14 Mar 2020

Just noticed when logging it that Postern Original (Winter) (VII 7) and Postern Variation (Winter) (VI 6) have been amalgamated by that Rockfax thing and are both listed as VI 6.

The confusion is that Postern Variation (VI 6) is the more commonly climbed version, and so that is what's described as the standard route in Scottish Winter Climbs.

It would make most sense to rename Postern Original (Winter) (VII 7) as Postern Original and restore it to its correct grade of VII 7, and attach the Rockfax link to Postern Variation.

In reply to Andy Moles:

That's sorted.

Dale Turrell 01 Apr 2020

Crag Requested Auswell Rocks  Ausewell Rocks

aln 01 Apr 2020

I had a request a week ago to check a route at a crag I moderate. As travel restrictions mean I can't get to the crag I clicked on the can't be confirmed button. Today I had another request for the same route. I still can't go look at it.

Big Lee 02 Apr 2020
In reply to aln:

Seems like you're being overly pedantic. Why not just leave it as unverified for now? The 'cannot be confirmed' status is more for routes that lack enough information to describe their whereabouts, although this is only really critical when not listed in a guidebook. If you use the 'cannot be confirmed' status then the contributor is going to get an email requesting more information, and to their credit it sounds like they're making an effort to do so. Maybe just take the contributor's word for it if what they have added looked credible and informative? Or just email them directly re anything still lacking? 

aln 02 Apr 2020
In reply to Big Lee:

> Seems like you're being overly pedantic. 

I wouldn't call it that, just trying to moderate properly, otherwise why bother? And in normal times it gives me an excuse to go to the crag 😊 I've changed it to unverified for the time being.

In reply to Dale Turrell:

Added you

Andy Moles 27 Apr 2020

No match for crag id:17860, No match for crag id:21955 and No match for crag id:21954 are all duplicates that are part of what's included in Fachwen Boulders.

Maybe change the name to Fachwen Boulders, then split the quarry sectors into a separate crag Fachwen Quarries, to make it clear and stop people re-adding them.

Andy Moles 27 Apr 2020

Also, rename Clegir Boulders 'Clegir Boulders', as it already includes a bunch of problems from walls other than Mur Pen Clegir itself.

Clegir Boulders can include No match for crag id:26328 and No match for crag id:27197.

More duplicates - No match for crag id:8936 and Union Rock are the same crag. Name should probably be Union Rock as that's the whole thing. The first sector here Fachwen Boulders should be moved to Union Rock as well.

acrkirby 27 Apr 2020

Now that we have the new 'type' column in the log books i noticed that several 'D' for trad Difficult climbs have been given an alpine 'D' instead. Just at the one crag i was looking at,  Crag Lough i noticed Wall and Crack (D)Jezebel (D)Block Chimney (D) had the problem. Thinking this might be a widespread problem? 

Or someone decided the cold ascent of Hadrian's wall deserved an alpine grade, not out of the question...

In reply to acrkirby:

Thanks, that was from a very old bug from when we were importing route data from the guidebooks and a few routes were incorrectly tagged as Difficile instead Diff.

I've sorted those out in the Rockfax database, they will be synced through to the UKC one shortly.

In reply to Andy Moles:

That's sorted.

In reply to Andy Moles:

Sorted those apart from below as I wasn't sure which routes you were referring to. Would you mind sticking the routes that need moving within a buttress hearing please? I've added you as a moderator. Thanks for the help.

> The first sector here Fachwen Boulders should be moved to Union Rock as well.

Andy Moles 28 Apr 2020

The ones under Craig yr Undeb (yellow wall) in Fachwen should go to Union Rock.

On a side note, I clicked that in the 'Insert crag link' box, but although sectors appear in the drop down there, they don't appear in the published message. Something to tweak maybe?

If you add me as a moderator to Clegir as well, I can sort that a bit too.

Graeme Hammond 29 Apr 2020

I'm fairly sure i logged this years ago, as had loads of other people but all the logbook ticks seem to have been removed! It doesn't have a rockfax app symbol next to it so perhaps it is a issue with other climbs too that are no longer listed separately in the Rockfax app (it appears in your guide book as a separate 3 star route)? 

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/bamford_edge-87/neb_buttress_direct_start-548741#overview

mrphilipoldham 29 Apr 2020
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

There are two listings for it on the crag, the 3* one is still there with 370-odd logs! 

Graeme Hammond 29 Apr 2020
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Ignore me, the route needs deleting however, i did do search but 'Ctrl+F' must have been having a 'man' search today

Post edited at 10:07
 dannyboy83 Global Crag Moderator 30 Apr 2020

Please can you delete this one:

No match for crag id:17044

and move the photo to:

Quié d'Urs

All the climbs can be removed as I uploaded the wrong file!

Many thanks

Andy Moles 01 May 2020

For a bit of generic feedback, I have to say that when moderating crags I find the locking down of route names, grades etc that are included in the Rockfax app quite an annoying feature. I've quickly noticed quite a few mistakes, and it doesn't allow changing something if, for example, a hold breaks or consensus changes on something relatively new.

LakesWinter 01 May 2020
In reply to Andy Moles:

I agree.

Please could you add https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/profile.php?id=34181 as a second moderator to https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/higher_longbeak-2441 Thanks.

Post edited at 18:04
In reply to dannyboy83:

Sorted

In reply to Mark Kemball:

Sorted.

Andy Moles 07 May 2020

Could I be added as a second moderator for Coir' Uisg Buttress? Franco's not sorted stuff there in months.

In reply to Andy Moles:

You're added.

Andy Moles 09 May 2020

Thanks. I think you missed my earlier reply regarding Fachwen.

'Crag Requested

Hepburn

Needs a tidy up, there are lots of problems missing from the supplementary online guide 'Hepburn South', and alot of the current problems are not in the correct areas and need buttresses allocated. Can I please request to be second moderator so I can add these climbs. 

Cheers!

In reply to CameronDotSmith:

I've added you.

Andy Moles 11:22 Sun

Could I request again to moderate  Clegir Boulders? Thanks.

Also the Craig yr Undeb sector of  Fachwen Boulders still needs moving to  Union Rock. I guess this should also be renamed Union Rock (Craig yr Undeb) to eliminate confusion.

Andy Moles 13:52 Sun

P.S. also the final problem at Union Rock, Don't try no Bows (f6B), should be moved to Clegir.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.