In preparation for the ensuing April showers, Nikwax's Down Proof is the perfect solution for adding water repellency to your non-proofed, down filled products. Thanks to Down Proof you can still keep warm and dry even if you do get caught in a shower.
Five reasons to waterproof your down gear with Nikwax Down Proof
- Prevents water being absorbed by the down and hence it clumping together inside your garment.
- By keeping out the wet it ensures your down doesn't lose loft and insulation so it can continue to trap warm air effectively. Water conducts heat away from the body up to 25 times faster than air.
- Wet down isn't breathable, meaning garments are likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. By repelling moisture, Nikwax Down Proof can help you to avoid this.
- Nikwax Down Proof will also add Durable Water Repellency (DWR) to the garment's outer fabric.
- Using Nikwax Down Proof is safer for you, your family and the environment because all Nikwax products are water-based, fluorocarbon (PFC) free and non-flammable.
Why not try it out - Nikwax Down Proof is available in 300ml bottle for £7.25. Available now online and at all good outdoor retailers.