Recent advances have seen the great Alpine Grand Courses reduced from multi-day routes to objectives possible in just a matter of hours. A new breed of Alpinist trains hard, dresses as light as they dare and moves fast. To meet these demands we have combined EXOlite I and EXOlite II fabrics to create a jacket at home on the boldest lines. EXOlite I in the main body and arms is super light and stretchy whilst still repelling wind and rain. Exceptional breathability means you stay dry however hard you work. Shoulders and hood are EXOlite II, here it's greater windproofing and highly weather resistant properties will be keenly appreciated high on remote headwalls.
An active cut gives clean, minimalist lines and a close fit that will climb faultlessly but layer well with a 'just in case' ultra light shell or belay jacket. Pre-shaped and articulated sleeves continue the theme and allow unhindered athletic moves on big routes of any standard. Simple cuffs are semi lycra bound for minimal bulk and are easily pushed up to cool off as the sun catches your final pitches. Extremes of temperature are standard on Alpine faces and the full length YKK (TM) zipper and mesh backed pockets allow rapid ventilation when stopping to change layers isn't an option. The two Napoleon style chest pockets provide easy access to a topo, sun cream and crucial calories, the essentials but nothing more.
The helmet compatible mountain hood is simple but effective. Instant adjustment allows weather-beating performance whilst maintaining a clear view of your crampon points fighting for purchase amongst the granite crystals. The line between success and difficult retreat is often fine and the Javelin helps to stack the odds in your favour.
Features and Benefits:
- EXOlite I; is light and stretchy yet repels wind and rain
- EXOlite II fabric reinforcements give rugged wind and weather resistance in the hood and shoulders
- Mountain HC Hood is fully adjustable
- Active cut with pre-shaped and articulated sleeves
- Twin-needle and flatlocked seam construction
- 2 bonded Napoleon style chest pockets with mesh lining
- YKK(TM) front zipper with inner storm-flap
- Seam-free forearms for improved abrasion resistance
- Lycra(TM) bound cuffs and tapered hem for an uncluttered fit
- Tapered hem for an uncluttered fit
For more information and stockists visit www.mountain-equipment.co.uk