"If you have an ambition to do all the climbs in these two Scottish Rock guides I think you'd better schedule time off in your next life. This labour of Gary's has been of gargantuan proportions. Those of you who use the guides will benefit by his dedication and the sheer choice offered; if you divide the retail price of these by the number of good routes you'll realise this is a bargain."
These guides will take you to some extraordinary places to experience some of the best rock climbing and scrambling around. Explore the long almost alpine length routes and classic ridges on Ben Nevis, bag your first sport routes at Weem or Glen Ogle or chill out on a range of short immaculate crags by the beach on the idyllic Erraid. From convenient roadside crags to remote Cairngorm corries, they're all here.
- 1670 of the regions best routes from Moderate difficulty to top-end Extremes.
- Accessible multi-pitch mountain routes and scrambles.
- Sport climbs from F5+ to F8c+.
- 220 full colour photo topos.
- Scale area maps, highlighting the approaches.
- Inspirational photographs, including many first ascents.
This book is printing now, for delivery on 30th June (Volume 2 North will be available August). It will be available from all good bookshops then, or pre-order yours now from the Pesda Press bookshop to be among the first to receive a copy: Pre-order your copy of Scottish Rock Volume 1 now (£23.00 with free delivery within Europe)
Check out a sample: