To celebrate their release Scarpa and Climb Newcastle have teamed up to provide a launch on 16th January, with a demo pool on hand and even Heinz - the man, myth, and legend - present to answer people's questions about the Drago.
The event runs from 1pm to 6pm, with a special wooden set of Scarpa holds being used throughout the whole day - click here to read more about it. For more about Heinz visit the Scarpa Europe Website to see his bio.
Using the new “Foot wrapping system” the Drago offers a new generation of sensitivity and friction. Evolved from the Furia, this microfiber upper with a single strap model, offers an alternative fit and allows a huge circumference of rubber over the forefoot for the ultimate friction and protection. Drago allows climbers to explore maximum use of the foot, in great comfort and is superb for bouldering and sport climbing on the steepest terrain. Other features include:
- Lower volume than the Furia, particularly within the heel and forefoot
- Features Vibram XS Grip 2 Rubber
- Greater quantity of rubber wrapped around the toe for superior friction whilst hooking
- Instrinct VS Heel Unit used for greater tensioning
- Single strap design for simplicity and ease of use