Our modern take on Chouinard's original curved-pick mountain axe, the Black Diamond Raven Ice Axe is a classic mountaineer's piolet that has been used on classic climbs the world over for decades.
Raven Ice Axe RRP £80
Now redesigned, the Raven is lighter, and sports an updated investment-cast, stainless steel head ergonomically improved for increased comfort while walking. The updated pick and adze geometry allow for more secure placements and efficient chopping, and the revamped spike adds better bite on those icy placements with improved plunge-ability. The durable aircraft-grade aluminum shaft is also improved with a trapezoidal cross-section for a more comfortable, better grip.
- Durable, trapezoidal cross-section, aircraft-grade aluminum shaft
- Investment-cast, one-piece stainless-steel head with a large hole for a carabiner
- Pick's curve and teeth engineered for secure self-arresting
- CEN-B certified
Raven Ice Axe with Grip RRP £100
The Black Diamond Raven Ice Axe with Grip takes our classic mountaineer's piolet, the Raven, and combines a new dual-density rubber grip and our updated Slider Leash for increased security and versatility.
- Comfortable, dual-density molded grip
Raven Pro Ice Axe RRP £105
Our technical mountaineering axe, the Raven Pro is now lighter and features a slightly angled and ergonomically improved trapezoidal shaft for better grip and more aggressive climbing. The updated pick, adze and spike geometry allows for more secure placements, whether you're kicking steps up Aconcagua or winding through crevasse fields in the Alps, while the investment-cast, polished stainless-steel head provides dependable durability.
- Lightweight trapezoidal, slightly curved aluminum shaft with grooved grip for more control during self-arrest or climbing
- Investment-cast, one-piece stainless-steel head with a tuned aggressive pick and large hole for a carabiner
- Ergonomic head
- CEN-B certified