What a difference a really good nights sleep can make - you feel better and will get more from those precious days in the great outdoors. With this in mind, we thought we would share "three of the best" from Cocoon's extensive range of sleep and travel equipment.
Best for your Head : Cocoon Air Core Microlight Inflatable Pillow
From the very big to the very small, Cocoon's Air Core Pillows cover a wide range of sizes and weights.
Ultralight backpacker? Hunting grams? Don't think you can stretch to carry a pillow? The new Microlight Air Core Pillow is a mere 48g, packs to a tiny 9x5cm yet inflates up to 32x20cm. For virtually no weight penalty you can indeed have a comfy place to lay your head and rest up for the next big day out.
Best for Expeditions : Cocoon Expedition Silk Liner
Developed with the particular demands of long expeditions in mind, this silk liner is quite exceptional.
- Utilizing a specifically designed, genuinely rip stop silk fabric, this liner is the toughest out there.
- It is available in three sizes to best fit you and your sleeping bag, thereby reducing excess fabric and minimising pack size and weight.
- Adds up to 5.3 degrees C to the temperature rating of your sleeping bag.
- The elastic draw string hood can be drawn tight together to leave only the tip of your nose out on chilly nights!
- Comes supplied with a waterproof stuff sac, sewn onto the liner at chest height - perfect for holding a light or watch during the night.
- Loops on the hood and foot end can be used to hang the liner up, its black colour promotes fast drying in the sun.
Small SMX-RS1 : 200x80x48cm / 110g
Medium SMX-RS2 : 215x85x48cm / 120g
Large SMX-RS3 : 225x88x52cm / 130g
Best for Travel : Cocoon Insect Shield Silk Travel Sheets
Travel to exotic places isn't always glamorous. Hot humid nights plagued by creepy crawlies can really spoil the experience. When it gets really warm, natural silk is still the most comfortable and breathable fabric to sleep in. If it's really tropical and no sleeping bag is required, then a square cut travel sheet gives you extra wiggle room at the foot.
Cocoon has combined it's beautiful silk travel sheets with Insect Shield to give long lasting, effective insect protection.
Tightly bonded onto the silk fabric, Insect Shield is near your skin for best protection, but not on it like a greasy spray. Derived from Chrysanthemum flowers, Insect Shield is a natural formulation that is invisible, odourless and does not change the feel of the fabric.