Ever gone out wearing your favourite down jacket, got caught in the rain and ended up feeling wet and cold? Maybe you thought your jacket was water-repellent or perhaps you were hoping for good weather. Whatever the reason, no one likes to feel cold, wet and uncomfortable. There is a solution: Nikwax Down Proof™.
Here are five reasons to waterproof your down items with Nikwax
- It prevents water being absorbed by the down and hence it clumping together inside your garments.
- By keeping out the wet it ensures your down doesn't lose loft and insulation so it can continue to trap warm air effectively. Water conducts heat away from the body up to 25 times faster than air.
- Wet down isn't breathable, meaning your garments are likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. By repelling moisture, Nikwax Down Proof can help you to avoid this.
- Nikwax Down Proof will also add Durable Water Repellency (DWR) to the garment's outer fabric too.
- Using Nikwax Down Proof is safer for you, your family and the environment because all Nikwax products are water-based, fluorocarbon (PFC) free and non-flammable.
Why not try it out - Nikwax Down Proof is available in 300ml bottle RRP £7.25. Available now online and at all good outdoor retailers. Or click here