Batten down the hatches with the Wilderness Cover!
Selected as a finalist in the OIA Awards, the judges saw past the radical appearance of Outdoor Research’s new Wilderness Cover to appreciate its potential as a versatile shelter from the weather.
Poncho, tarp or bivy, this minimalist multi-tasking piece is more practical than it might first appear.
Featuring durable Ventia waterproof fabric and a seam taped construction, it enables you to effectively seal out the elements when using it as a jacket or ground shelter for: micro-adventures, festivals, backpacking, race marshalling, bushcraft, wildlife watching, star gazing - and quite probably more!
Here are a few things you can do with this waterproof, windproof, breathable multitasker:
1) Wear it as a poncho (with or without the waist and bottom cord cinched in);
2) Use it as a bivy sack;
3) Rig it as a mini-shelter or tarp. Stuff it in the included stuff sack and carry it with you for backpacking, hanging out at music festivals or stewarding at mountain marathons.
Practical details include a two-way water resistant front zipper with internal storm flap, two-way zippered armholes, a wire-brimmed hood, bottom draw-cord, and 8 tie down loops for tarp use.
- Waterproof, windproof, breathable, durable
- Seam taped construction
- Two-Way water-resistant coil zippers – front and armholes
- Adjustable, wire brimmed hood; snaps to chest for face protection whilst sleeping
- Bottom drawcord can be tightened around waist for walk-configuration or drawn tight to offer full protection in sleep mode.
- 8 tie down loops for tarp use.