The winners of the 2011 Novel Awards were announced by mountaineer Bonita Norris last week. The award ceremony was held at the Outdoor Trade Social. Finalists across six categories were assessed by a panel of expert judges, which included specialist outdoor retailers and journalists, as well as Bonita.
More about the Jetboil Crunchit in this news item:
"Top marks to JetBoil for a bit of environmentally conscious understatement. As you'd expect they're offering lots of excitingly powerful stoves that'll practically whoosh you into orbit, but sometimes it's the little things that stick in one's mind..."
'Product of the Year':
Geigerrig's 2 Litre Hydration Engine by Whitby & Co was chosen as the overall product of the year.
The 2011 winners for each category were announced as:
- Accessories: Whitby & Co – Geigerrig 2 Litre Hydration Engine - www.geigerrig.com
- Backpacks: Vaude - Wallaby - www.vaude.co.uk
- Clothing: KoziKidz – Soft Shell Jacket and Trousers - www.kozikids.co.uk
- Camping Equipment: Lyon - JetBoil Crunchit - www.jetboil.com
- Footwear: Tecnica – Diablo Maxs - www.tecnicausa.com
- Sleeping Bags: Snugpak - Chrysalis - www.snugpak.com
OTS Show Organiser Marta Williams said:
“With over 100 entries, this was the largest number of entries to date for the Novel Awards. The popularity of the awards continues to grow and this demonstrates the need to recognise the achievements and innovations of manufacturers across the outdoor industry.”