Nikwax, the global leader in safe, high performance aftercare for outdoor gear, announces Cotton Proof. This revolutionary product from Nikwax is a waterproofing solution that reduces weight gain and maintains the breathability of treated cotton, polycotton and canvas gear and clothing in wet weather.
Cotton is a natural fibre: it's renewable, biodegradable and can be produced organically. It is very versatile too, often being used to produce many fabrics, each with different properties. Additionally cotton can be blended with synthetic fibres such as polyester, to combine the desirable properties of both. Cotton is used in the manufacture of clothing and outdoor equipment but is not inherently water repellent.
Because cotton is highly absorbent and retains water, it takes a long time to dry once wet. It is therefore important to ensure that cotton outer garments and equipment don't absorb water as this will cause them to increase in weight, take an long time to dry and will impair their breathability. In short, if your cotton clothing gets wet so will you. To prevent cotton fabrics from absorbing water, Durable Water Repellency can be added by applying Nikwax Cotton Proof.
Nikwax Cotton Proof is a safe product to use on cotton outerwear and equipment. It is water-based, non-flammable, contains no harmful volatile organic compounds and is fluorocarbon free.
Nikwax Cotton Proof:
- Has been specifically designed for optimal breathability of cotton, polycotton and canvas
- Leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability and prolonging the life of gear and optimising performance in wet weather
- Is quick and easy to apply in a washing machine [or by hand]
- Air drying: no need to tumble dry, the highly Durable Water Repellency of Nikwax Cotton Proof doesn't require heat activation
- Nikwax Cotton Proof in 300ml retails for £6.98.