Beta and Beta Women's
Beta reflects the changing requirements of both newer and intermediate climbers who predominantly climb on indoor walls. Offering superb breathability and comfort alongside higher performance features usually found on more technical models. Beta is ideal as a first pair or as a comfortable and inexpensive training pair for more advanced climbers.
Beta features a comfortable symmetric and mildly downturned last shape with a medium tension low volume heel. This helps introduce a more technical fit, and allows more advanced techniques using the heel to be used. The upper is constructed from a highly breathable knitted synthetic textile, providing low stretch and great next –to-skin feel.
A medium stiffness midsole paired with the sticky and durable Zenith Quattro rubber provides the ideal blend of edging support and long-lasting friction.
Beta is a highly versatile shoe which could be sized for comfort for all day climbing, or sized more tightly for higher performance and training.
- UPPERS: Synthetic knitted textile material for optimal breathability. Quick and easy double strap closure system
- LINING: No
- CONSTRUCTION: Slip-Lasted
- MIDSOLE: Special anti deformation midsole
- SOLE: BOREAL® Zenith Quattro™ outsole. 4-4.5mm thickness depending on size
- CHARACTERISTICS: Light and breathable model suitable for long climbing sessions. Ideal for newer climbers, or worn tight can be an excellent option for more advanced climbers on vertical or slabby terrain, or when training
- USAGE: For beginner and intermediate climbers, training and all-day climbing
- SIZES: Men's UK5 – UK12; Women's UK2 – UK8.5
- SRP £75
I'm sure these shoes perform admirably for their target demographic but for the fashion conscious world in which we live ..... they sure are ugly !
I'm no fashion guru myself but I think the appearance, particularly the upper, of the Beta is actually very similar to lots of trainers you see from brands like Nike and Adidas on the highstreet. I like the look of them and I wouldn't be surprised if lots of other people do too!