Merino wool is naturally breathable, regulates body temperature and stretches. It's also soft and naturally resists odor. Patagonia's wool comes from non-mulesed Australian merino sheep. They slow wash it for softness and shrink resistance without the use of chlorine, then blend it with 35% polyester (100% recycled) for durability, dry times and moisture transfer superior to that of 100% merino. The offset shoulder and side seams lie smoothly beneath pack straps. Machine-wash cold; machine dry at low temperatures. Fabric is bluesign approved.
- 18.9 micron-gauge yarn and jersey-knit construction
- Self-fabric collar band for comfort
- Set-in sleeves
- Side seams offset to eliminate irritation
- Slow-washed without chlorine to prevent shrinkage; fabric is bluesign approved
- Machine-wash cold, tumble dry at low temperature
- 120g 65% chlorine-free merino wool / 35% all-recycled polyester
Raw, untreated wool has scales that make it itchy and coarse and cause it to shrink, so most wool fabrics are treated with chlorine to reduce the scales. But chlorine is a pervasive pollutant that's especially harmful to organisms living in water and soil. We remove the scales from our merino wool fibres using a unique chlorine-free process that's bluesign approved.
Patagonia seek to 'build the best products and cause no unnecessary harm'. They work hard to source materials and use processes that are less harmful to the earth without compromising quality.
|£33.00. Free UK Delivery!|
See this product at the Outside Ltd shop