Climbing protection has been a hallmark of BD innovation since the days of the original Hexentric® chocks that helped spawn the clean climbing revolution in the early '70s. Since then, Black Diamond has been working extensively on broadening the spectrum of equipment, launching the original Camalots in 2004 and the UltraLight Camalots in 2016 – constantly stepping up the game. Once again BD has been looking at the crucial features of the Camalots and is proud to introduce the new C4.
The world's best-selling, most trusted cam just got better. The new, redesigned Camalot C4 has now upped the ante, considering it's 10% lighter yet just as durable as before. Plus, it features a modern design that improves on the old tried-and-true Camalots. The cam's lobes are lighter and more sculpted, optimized for strength to weight, while the slings have a visual update for easier differentiation when racking. And speaking of racking, we're introducing a new innovative trigger keeper on sizes #4, #5, and #6, that keeps the big guys contracted for compact racking and immediately release when you're ready to place. We've also widened the trigger as well for better handling.
- New design is 10% lighter
- Lighter sculpted lopes optimized for strength to weight
- Innovative trigger keeper on sizes #4, #5 and #6 for compact racking
- Slings are updated visually for easier differentiation when racking
- Double-axle design offers the widest range for each cam unit
- C-Loop continuous cable stem design is strong and durable
- Color-coded for easy identification and a wide range of sizes
- Neutrino Rackpack available for easy racking (see Carabiners)
All photos are credited to Andy Earl.