Durable, comfortable, high performance directional waterproof jacket for walking in mountains and hills throughout the year, including glacier walking and snowshoeing.
The Alta III uses Nikwax Analogy Waterproof fabric for weather protection and moisture management, with ventilation for temperature control and a reinforced back panel for pack carrying.
The Alta III is ideal for all walking activities to the highest level.
Mountain walking involves exertion while moving, potentially being exposed to severe weather at height. To remain comfortable, you need efficient moisture control to prevent chilling, and ventilation options to reduce clothing changes. Walkers will often be carrying packs and using navigation equipment.
The Alta III Jacket uses tough, directional Nikwax Analogy Waterproof fabric for excellent protection and moisture management. Good venting options allow temperature control, combined with walker-friendly design features.
The Alta III Jacket has good ventilation options and a well-designed hood
- Ventilation options limit the need for adding or shedding layers with easily accessible upper arm vents, two way front zip and sleeves that can be pushed up for cooling
- Enhanced weather protection when carrying a rucksack provided by mesh reinforcement in the back panel
- Excellent, practical storage for maps, GPS and for handwarming from generous, well-placed pockets.
- Men's 805g
- Women's 702g
- Made at the Miquelina Foundation
Conventional breathable membrane waterproof fabrics fail because they cannot remove all of the sweat we produce when we are working hard, especially in cold and wet conditions. Therefore condensation and icing are well known problems experienced with membrane rainwear.
Nikwax Analogy® overcomes these problems because it is not only breathable, but also directional. The Analogy fabric system directs condensation and perspiration away from the body, where it can safely drain away.
To understand the difference between directionality and breathability, read more here.
Nikwax Analogy comes in two weights:
- Nikwax Analogy®: durable, full-weight protection
- Nikwax Analogy® Light: same protection, weighs 20% less. A little less durable, but perfect for fast & light adventures